“Best Sunday dinner I have ever had!”
Review of The Market Place

The Market Place
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Cowbridge
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant is set in one of the most historic buildings in the beautiful town of Cowbridge, and exudes a timeless atmosphere. In winter we continue the old traditions with our warming log fires, and summer brings outdoor dining in our lovely walled garden. We offer a wide variety of freshly prepared modern European dishes, locally sourced and carefully arranged by classically trained chefs. We offer a fixed price lunch menu, £16.95 For two courses, and an "Early Supper" menu served from 18:00 - 18:55 Wed. - Fri. Which at £17.95 offers a great value way to sample our fantastic food or if you prefer we also have our fantastic Ala Carte menu .The Market Place has become a bye-word for the best in food, dining and ambience.
Llantrisant, United Kingdom
“Best Sunday dinner I have ever had!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went for Sunday dinner today at The Market Place, we booked a table and althought we were a little late there was no problem. The staff were all genuinly very friendly. The atmosphere was great and there was even a real log fire going that made it cosy on a very cold wet January day. Now for the best bit...the food was outstanding! I had the lamb roast with chocolate brownies for dessert. I have never had such a good quality very well cooked Sunday dinner (don't tell my mother I said that!). Perfect portions, meat cooked to perfection, accompanying veg really tasty and the attention to detail was great. I could not rate it higher. Was a little pricey but so so worth it and it is Cowbridge after all. If you want the best Sunday dinner you have to eat here!

1 Thank Sian H

Warsaw, Indiana
“Wonder place to eat.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a group and everyone had a very good meal. Beginning, middle and end. Great service. It was not cheap, but well worth the cost.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dave B
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Terrific food!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I came here with my husband and another couple for my birthday and I have to say the food was superb!!
My friend was pregnant and my husband is allergic to mushrooms and they were very accomodating with the food! I can't wait to come here again as we were very impressed and enjoyed it thoroughly!
It was quite quiet when we came but that didnt spoil the atmosphere, in fact it was very nice. The only bad thing was the waiter was slightly patronising towards us but he was friendly enough so was forgiven..in fact we had a laugh about it!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Soogleloo
Bath
“Superb Sunday”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This has to be the best Sunday lunch we've had in a very long time. The food was wonderful, generous and perfectly cooked, the service was exceptional - especially from Hugo the manager, who managed to be charming, friendly and still keep an eye on everything that was going on. The restaurant was quite busy - small wonder it's popular as it's so good - but we were looked after really well. In all, a thoroughly enjoyable experience which didn't break the bank, great value. I'm not sure how much the previous reviewers eat, but we were very well fed here and two of us couldn't manage a pudding!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank JSomerset
bridgend
“Ticks all the boxes”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were a party of 8 on the 21st December , so right in the middle of the Christmas Trade.
The service was excerllent,and at no time did we have to look for the waitress. The restaurant manger visited our table at least 5 times if not more just checking if everything was ok. We were celebrating a 76th birthday and were seated in a small room , which felt like we were in our our private restaurant , but not isolated from the main restaurant.
The restaurant was full, with a great atmosphere and all meals were delicious , apart from the Prawn Spaghetti , which was disappointing.
The menu was varied with a set lunch menu for a fixed price also available, which we all selected.
All crockery and cutlery were spotless, having been in the trade myself , something I am really fussy about.
I recommend the Pork , black pudding terrine as a starter - delicious , could eat it as a main !!!
My dad fancied soup but wasn't sure of the flavour combination , a sample cup was brought to the table , with no hesitation.
Overall , I feel the Market Place is good value and a great place to visit, with a menu to suit all tastes.

• Visited December 2012