We went last minute to Pentre Mawr , and stayed in the suite with a double spa bath. We had wanted a hot tub suite but they were fully booked however we were told the main communal hot tub would be there for our use!
Upon arrival we parked in the car park and a golf buggy pulled up to take us and our bags the whole 50yrds to the main entrance.
We were seated in the front room which was full of unique chess sets books and general items giving the room a lovely old fashioned homely feel. We were asked if we wanted tea and coffee and also served fresh orange bucks fizz. I really felt special and we were 10 minutes into our stay.
We were taken to our room ( our bags already taken ahead) and it was fab. Large four poster bed a big double jacuzzi bath a wall mounted dvd tv ipod docking station ... Plus a bathroom with a large shower..
We went down for our 3 course meal were we were seated in the front room again with menus and drink orders taken. Then our menu choices. Shortly after We were taken through seated in the dining area all modern with great wine glasses i have to add! There was warm bread on the table and then we were given a pre starter as well of panacotta which was beautiful. After starters we had a sorbet shot which really did cleanse my palette it was gorgeous. Mains was delicious , then dessert , then cheese crackers and coffee served in the front room with the other guests... Its a nice touch as you get talking with the other guests as well which makes the whole experience more comfortable!
We went then to ask about the hot tub to be told it hadnt in fact been put on. I was a bit upset having brought a bikini with me especially and nothing nicer than a cold wine in a hot tub on a cold night!
However they did in fact put the hot tub on for us. We gave it a good 35 minutes before attempting it and whilst it was warm it wasnt warm enough and after another 20 mins we gave up ... Bre explained they had had it switched on all year and it hadnt really been used and as most guests had hottubs hadnt put it on that night. It was a bit of a shame i was a little disheartened as its what we actually went for ...but we made up for it in a super hot bubbly jacuzzi bath which was fantastic with all tealights around!
Breakfast the next morning was fantastic again , plenty of options for everyone tea coffee and more fresh bucks fizz.
The atmosphere was light friendly the hotel exactly what you expect yet more. We have stayed all over britain in hot tub hotels and this is one place we will definitely return !
In fact ive been in touch recently about doing a joint hen stag overnight relaxing stay for just 2 wks before our wedding..it will be well needed if we can do it.
It may seem steep in price per person per night but for everything it includes its WELL worth it !!
The suites look amazing and we were shown the glamping huts which are a fab idea and definitely fun to do with friends...
And as my fiance lives abroad and flies back days after the wedding i think a little 2 night honeymoon break in the suite is in order.
A huge thank you to bre graham and lynda as well as the other staff for giving us a memorable night away !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an area of designated natural beauty in the foothills of the Clwydian hills Pentre Mawr Country House has a lovely romantic feel to it...set as it is in nearly 200 acres of meadows, park and woodland. There are all the little extras that you would expect in a fine country house at Pentre but it is run on a much softer line. Meals are served either in the Oak room or the formal dining room but with none of the stuffiness. We are delighted to announce that we have received 5 Stars and a dining award from the AA There are two lovely sitting rooms all with comfy sofas and portraits of Graham's ancestors. The hidden walled garden is a lovely place to sit and read or just relax and smell the roses.We are more than happy to welcome guest dogs as we have two collies and two cats of our own here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pentre Mawr Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pentre Mawr Country House Hotel Llandyrnog
- Pentre Mawr Country House Llandyrnog, North Wales