What a gem to find on one of the worst weeks for weather! Despite floods all around there was such a warm feeling to the family house where Bre and Graham welcome you to join them in what feels like a house party with friends (and the dogs had a wonderful time too!)
Nothing was too much trouble to make us and our friends from South Africa (who were certainly feeling the cold!) feel a warm welcome - and the spa baths caused a lot of giggles to us the uninitiated! The most delicious dinner in the most cosy setting was followed the next morning with a really splendid breakfast - Graham just makes it look so easy to bring you exactly what you ask for - and our order was quite complicated..!
Altogether a lovely experience - we will be back and hopefully Maggie and Peter will cross continents again too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an area of designated natural beauty in the foothills of the Clwydian hills Pentre Mawr Country House has a lovely romantic feel to it...set as it is in nearly 200 acres of meadows, park and woodland. There are all the little extras that you would expect in a fine country house at Pentre but it is run on a much softer line. Meals are served either in the Oak room or the formal dining room but with none of the stuffiness. We are delighted to announce that we have received 5 Stars and a dining award from the AA There are two lovely sitting rooms all with comfy sofas and portraits of Graham's ancestors. The hidden walled garden is a lovely place to sit and read or just relax and smell the roses.We are more than happy to welcome guest dogs as we have two collies and two cats of our own here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pentre Mawr Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pentre Mawr Country House Hotel Llandyrnog
- Pentre Mawr Country House Llandyrnog, North Wales