Just returned from a two night stay in one of the safari lodges at Pentre Mawr, so sad that we aren't still there!!!
We booked as a birthday treat for my husband, and it was perfect. Hard to imagine you re in a tent whilst stood on the heated floor in the 5star bathroom. We loved it.
After a very nice welcome with bucks fizz and coffee and cake, we were shown to our lodge, Graham showed us how to work the hot tub, and left us to enjoy. We spent a lovely afternoon sipping champagne and then got ready and went up to the main house for our meal. Again very warm welcome, almost like visiting family.
The meal was fabulous, my husband was a head chef for many years and still works in hospitality training, and to be honest we are both keen cooks, which makes us a little snobbish with food, suffice to say we both compared the meal to our wedding dinner in the grand hyatt new York last year. We told Bre, who had cooked this wonderful meal and she very humbly described herself as a cook not a chef... I beg to differ it was a meal prepared by someone who likes to taste nice food as opposed to make what other people suggest. The meal n the second night was also superb, however I over indulged on the homemade soda bread and couldnt finish my dinner, and had to skip desert :(
Graham her husband makes a lovely host and gently checks what you needs, whilst letting you have your own space. They are a great pair!
The lodges are fab, location beautiful, and food fantastic !
We took our two doggies and they were made very welcome too, with treats and blankets of their own.
Staff all very helpful and all you need and more In the rooms.
I didn't even mention the king size bed ...
We will certainly be back hopefully sooner tether than later x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an area of designated natural beauty in the foothills of the Clwydian hills Pentre Mawr Country House has a lovely romantic feel to it...set as it is in nearly 200 acres of meadows, park and woodland. There are all the little extras that you would expect in a fine country house at Pentre but it is run on a much softer line. Meals are served either in the Oak room or the formal dining room but with none of the stuffiness. We are delighted to announce that we have received 5 Stars and a dining award from the AA There are two lovely sitting rooms all with comfy sofas and portraits of Graham's ancestors. The hidden walled garden is a lovely place to sit and read or just relax and smell the roses.We are more than happy to welcome guest dogs as we have two collies and two cats of our own here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your Pentre Mawr Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pentre Mawr Country House Hotel Llandyrnog
- Pentre Mawr Country House Llandyrnog, North Wales