Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
East Lodge Invergloy(Spean Bridge)
Invergarry Hotel(Invergarry)
View Hotel
The Factor's House(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
1,004 results
All reviewslochy suiteloch lochysuperior roomdecking areaboth nightsthe main hotelstunning viewsprivate beachthis lovely hoteldining roombreakfast and dinnerlovely foodenjoyable stayfamily roomfirst classlovely roomsalmon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Spent a three day break at Letterfinlay over new year and must say it ticked all the boxes.Staff were very friendly, hotel was warm comfortable and provided excellent views.Food was very good I also wanted smoked Haddock in the morning which i was told was unavailable due to boats not sailing in the rough weather (I respect hotels and restaurants being upfront with this rather than putting out frozen substitutes good on them)on the whole everything we had was tasty and well cooked.New Years night was first class and the staff even provided an impromptu karaoke the night after, never once did we feel abandoned infact I think the balance of being attentive without being obtrusive was spot on .

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank traveller1874
Manager L, Manager at Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for the great feedback on our New year package and we enjoyed having you as guests ! please come back at any time , Kind regards

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This was our last stop during our highland stay. Our previous hotels hadn't been all that great. But once we parked up, saw the stunning loch views my partner and I knew this was going to be good.

Greeted by an extremely friendly receptionist, who also ran the bar and food orders. I asked for a room with a view, hopefully overlooking the loch and the mountain views.
She shied us two rooms and offered us to have the room with a view at the same price. However the initial room which was assigned to us was so much better, in terms of decor and size.
We finally checked in and she asked us when we would like our dinner prepared which was very efficient.

The lodge was quiet to start off with, but then more guests arrived. We had a quick lunch which was reasonably priced and relaxed in the pool room by the fire for a while.

Dinner was served on time as requested. The choices on the menu were absolutely fantastic, gourmet meals and a good price.

I couldn't fault the lodge. From what we had seen so far, everything was great.

The next morning we woke up and packed up ready for our journey back home. We went downstairs to have breakfast which was included in the cost of the room. The same lady took our orders and breakfast was coked well and quickly. Showed they took pride in what they do.
My partner and I were stunned by the balcony views. As we arrived closer to the evening the night before we didn't really see the views much. Once the mist had cleared we stood on the outside decking and saw stunning mountain views.

This was by far the best place of stay I had over the course of 5 days. I would recommend anyone to go and stay and I know I will go back :)

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Farrah M

Thank you for falling in love with Letterfinlay ! and we would love to have you stay with us again .Kind regards

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Excellent stay at Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel. Hospitality, service and food were first rate and we were made to feel most welcome. This was our first stay at Letterfinlay Lodge, and we'll definitely be back before too long.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Andy B

It was great to have you stay with us Andy and thank you so much for the great review .Kind regards

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had an absolutely fantastic time at the Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel at new year. I'd never stayed at this hotel before so had nothing to compare it to but having stayed in numerous hotels I can only say this was one of the friendliest hotels I've ever stayed in. From the friendly manageress to the very competent and helpful waitresses to the great guests, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. They did run out of certain foods and drinks but this did not bother me in the slightest. Yes this might be a show stopper for some people but I just chose something else. These things happen. The inclusive clay pigeon shooting was a fantastic extra and gave people the opportunity to try something they perhaps hadn't before. Rooms are nice and a loch view is a must. Even if you don't get a loch view this is a great hotel with beautiful surroundings. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank Gillian C

Thank you for being such a great guest and all our staff really enjoyed having you stay with us over the New year package ! you are welcome back ant time . Kind regards

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Having read the previous review of the Letterfindlay Hotel's Hogmanay package I feel compelled to write a response in support of the hotel and the staff. Having spoken to other guests I feel that my view is shared with the majority of the other guests who stayed during this time. The staff were fantastic and very professional and the rooms in the hotel were lovely. The location of the hotel and it's views are beautiful; which were only highlighted by the clay pigeon shooting off the decking over Loch Lochy. Although I have discovered that I am rubbish at shooting I would never have known if I wasn't given a free opportunity to try. This activity is normally £85 per person; but it was inclusive in the deal to every guest with a member of staff giving up hours of their day to tutor us. Not only was the activity fun it also brought the guests together in readiness of the Hogmanay party.
The Hogmanay party was fantastic, I had a really good night, the atmosphere was amazing. Yes they ran out of some drinks and a couple of the food choices from the menu at dinner but there was still plenty of choice for an alternative.
Overall I had a really good time and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to go away over the New Year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank lsmck
Manager L, Manager at Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

It is so nice when the hotel and staff receive such a great honest review from genuine guests who have actually stayed with us ! it was our pleasure to have you on our three day package over the new year period and thank you for appreciating all the hard work that the staff & management deliver over such a busy time . We hope to see you back at Letterfinlay in the summer and in the meantime have a fab 2014 . Kind regards