“good food”

Lairg Highland Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lairg
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were staying somewhere else but ate here every night, my husband ate here last year also. food was good, served hot, waitresses good humoured and polite. great malt slection that the Mr had to try ;o) again.... altoether no problems, I'd recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel a couple of weeks ago. The single room was fine, though a little cramped. The evening meal was excellent. They have a very good Indian menu as well as a more standard UK one. I was happy with my breakfast as well. There is on street parking, which I was slightly less keen on, and some parking round the back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a response with regard to your stay at the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and meals. Our Main Street location, with other businesses on either side of us means we are quite limited in terms of rear parking. There have never been any problems with parking at the front of the hotel as there are several bays off the road and usually enough to cover all residents needs. We tend to try to keep some space at the rear for larger vehicles.

Thank you again for taking the time to write and I hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was a bit apprehensive about this place as from the outside the hotel doesn't look like much. I stayed here after completing the first day of a one week cycle tour of the Northern Highlands. Having had my departure delayed in Inverness I finally rolled into town at about 8.00pm and was immediately welcomed and shown to the secure bike shed at the rear. Then after being shown to my newly decorated room with ensuite bathroom, it was a mad dash to shower and get seated in the restaurant before last orders at 8.30pm. I enjoyed a fabulous steak and ale pie although I really think a hotel of this calibre should consider offering a later cut-off time for dinner as I rarely eat before 9pm.

The next morning I enjoyed the full Scotch fried breakfast to set me up on the long onward cycle up to Durness. I was kicking myself I hadn't taken advantage of their excellent packed lunch service as there are literally no shops to buy food on this leg. Although I felt £56 for one night was verging on expensive the fact that my incredibly expensive bike was secure and out the weather made it worth every penny. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
AWHamilton, Owner at Lairg Highland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I am gad you enjoyed your stay with us. I should say at this time our single rooms are priced from £38-£42 in the month of May. The singles were all booked and the double room you occupied should have been £74 based on 2 sharing so you did receive a discount for single occupancy. As we get into the busier summer season dinner service is longer with last orders at 9.00 pm. Hopefully if you return you will see an improved facility for cyclists. Thank you again for your positive comments.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

4 of us stayed here on a recent cycling tour. The hotel caters well for cyclists with a safe weathertight bike shed at the back. The rooms were clean and comfortable and we enjoyed an excellent evening meal. A hearty breakfast in the morning set us up for another day in the saddle. The staff were warm and friendly, obviously well used to cyclists. I would highly recommend the Highland Hotel in the centre of Lairg as a good overnight stopoff if you are cycling up NCR 1

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

It was very kind of you to write a positive review which is much appreciated by all the staff. We have been welcoming cyclists for several years now and plan to expand the facilites in the bike shed for cyclists. I am glad you all enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here for two nights whilst on a work trip.
The hotel is in a good location. Easy to find with ample parking outside.
Lovely wee bar attached to it also.
Food was very nice!
Rooms were lovely.
Will definitely visit again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We ate in here on a Wednesday night in August as part of a family holiday. Two of us described the food as the finest we've eaten for years while the third person was very pleased too - and we had a range off the menu including some of the highly recommended Indian food. Plus we liked the bar next door too and drank in there three nights. They're doing a great job - support tis local business!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your very kind review. I am glad you enjoyed both the food and the bar. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you all back again!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We are regular visitors to the area and invariably pay at least one visit to eat at the Highland Hotel and this time also tried the take-away.
Over the years the owners have invested in the place and have made a good job of it. The food range has expanded with the Indian menu which is really very good. Portions are always of a good size and the service has always been warm and friendly.
They also have a good range of whisky to try and why wouldn't you?

Stayed: April 2012

It was very kind of you to write a review. It is also nice to know that you visit us whenever you are in the area. I am glad you enjoy the food here and also the Indian menu. We have added another local malt whisky to the selection - maybe you might try it next time you call in?

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lairg
Dornoch Hotel
Kincraig Castle Hotel
Kincraig Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Invergordon
Morangie House Hotel

Been to Lairg Highland Hotel? Share your experiences!