All reviews duck egg friendly hosts early ferry restful night lovely home will visit again her husband stayed here feel welcome great shower overlooking loch sea birds anyone wanting next morning comfortable beds a great stay excellent accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2019

My wife and I stay with Pat and Bill on Friday night. The service we received was exceptional. You felt like personal friends. We have stayed at many B and Bs over the last 10 years when visiting the UK and Pat and Bill are up with the very best. The room was spacious and spotless. The power went off just after we arrived and they both were willing to go out of their way to ensure we would get a meal that night. We will definitely be staying again. I didn’t mention how great the breakfast was.

Room tip: Both rooms are excellent
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

The attention to detail and exceptional kindness and friendliness of Pat and Bill are superb. There are very few establishments that we look forward to returning to with such pleasure. This is one of them. There can not be many places where, from the breakfast table, you can watch plunging gannets and terns amidst many other sea birds.
Breakfasts are first rate.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

My Husband & myself arrived late at night and were given a very warm welcome.
We were shown to our room, which was very clean warm and comfortable.
Lovely touches of a decanter of wiskey by the bed for a wee dram if wanted.
Also bottles of water & chocolates.
Tea/ coffee making facilites with a couple of packs of biscuits.
The on suite shower room was clean water lovely & hot, and towels/ toiletries were supplied.
Breakfast was a buffet of fruit cerial yoghurt etc, followed by a lovely cooked breakfast with fresh duck eggs.
Our travel mugs were even filled up for us before we hit the road.
We had a perfect stay, I would put this B&B in the same class as a 5 star hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2019

Beyond excellent accommodation. Reminded me of a 5* Boutique Hotel, only much better. Much more personable. Will stay again and would wholeheartedlly recommend Cairnryan B&B. After a very long journey it was absolute heaven. The bed was so comfortable I slept like a log. We had a front bedroom and although it is close to the ferry terminals (but not too close!) it was not noisy at all. Excellently decorated bedrooms, ensuite, dining room, in fact every room we saw. There were beautiful little touches that just escalate the place completely above others. Pat and her husband were lovely hosts - very kind, thoughtful and helpful but not in any way obtrusive. Wonderful breakfasts and great coffee. Great local information provided by Pat. I honestly don't think you could get better accommodation anywhere within twenty miles or more. There are four steps to the front door but Pat said that there was another more accessible entrance if anyone required it so don't be afraid to ask. A beautiful bungalow in a beautiful location overlooking the sea. You couldn't pick anywhere better!

Room tip: Ask Pat and she will help you choose what is best for your needs.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Odyssey276769
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Absolutely superb accomodation.Better than many 5 star hotels. Will stay there again the next time we travel to Ireland. Room was very comfortable and very clean. Breakfast was also excellent.. We went to Stranraer for an evening meal as there was no Restaurant in Cairnryan which was a pity..

Room tip: Best B & B that I have stayed in for many years.
Date of stay: March 2019