“Rhins of Galloway”
Review of Rhins of Galloway

Rhins of Galloway
Ranked #1 of 6 Cairnryan B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here a night before catching the ferry to Ireland. The bed and breakfast was wonderful although we did not get a cooked breakfast they had made us a packed lunch for us leaving early the next day. The room had a jam packed hostess tray with different types of teas, coffees, hot chocolate even got "Border" biscuits. Fresh milk was given instead of the uht kind. The bedroom was lovely. The bed was sooo comfortable. Had a half bath and shower in the en~suite which was fine. The rooms were lovely and warm spotless clean. We got a nice friendly welcome. We were not expecting such a lovely place in the middle of nowhere. Please stay you wont be disappointed

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rhins of Galloway

Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a pleasant surprise!! We actually thought it would be difficult to find a nice place to stay in such a rural area, but Wow!! The beautiful well thought out decor...lovely antiques throughout. Our hosts were so friendly and helpful. So many extras!!...cookies, candies and even scissors to open the packets!! The bed was luxurious! Was also pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a beautiful suite. The setting was beautiful....pastures behind and the sea in the front...and flowers everywhere!! Gourmet breakfast cooked to order...wonderful! We actually only stayed one night to catch the ferry the next morning (which was about a mile away), but would love to stay for a week!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

“In an age when customer service is a secondary consideration, it is refreshing to stumble across a hotelier that has got it so right. I wish your team every success for the future. I have no hesitation in recommending your services not only to friends but to the wider business community"

Room Tip: go for the double, only a few pounds extra and loads of space.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed Last night 29 th September 2012 ,Thank you very Much for a relaxing stay at your Hotel,I recommend anybody to stay , the B&B is Spotlessly clean, and the owners are very friendly and welcoming . I would Definitely stay again Thank you Ian Wexford

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The owners are most hospitable and the rooms are beautifully decorated with many amenities.
I would definitely stay here again ... and again .... and again!!! I did have a travel glitch on my way to the B&B. I called and my hosts were very helpful with good advice on securing other travel arrangements and I might add they this cheerfully! I loved everything about this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Pam D
Reviewed August 23, 2012

What a fabulous place!

From the personal welcome to the friendly banter over breakfast, the place exudes character from every corner.

As quite a fussy person (my husband's opinion!!), I'm normally extremely reserved when booking into a B&B as you never know where you will end up & what you will get. Well I can honestly say that any worries I may have had were eliminated as soon as I was greeted by Paul & shown around. He was so welcoming & enthusiastic, not only about Rhins, but about the local towns when recommending where to eat that evening.

On arrival we were offered a flask of fresh milk to accompany the tea & coffee in the room - such a lovely touch. The room itself was immaculately presented & the attention to detail was amazing - even down to the provision of small scissors to assist with opening coffee sachets - genius! The wine glasses were also a welcome addition after our early morning & long journey! So I filled my wine glass & took up residence on the front porch, overlooking the Loch whilst soaking up the afternoon sun - heavenly.

Well what can I say about breakfast? Fab-u-lous!! And so much of it. The choice was varied with a lot of vegetarian choices if you require. We decided on the full fry up complete with haggis... Lovely food & so beautifully presented I didn't want to touch it!

Overall, it was such a shame our visit was so fleeting as I would've loved more opportunity to soak up the wonderful atmosphere that John & Paul have created at Rhins.

Room Tip: All rooms look fabulous, but the front ones benefit from a view of the Loch.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Could not fault this facility. Spotlessly clean, very welcoming and would definitely book again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairnryan
North West Castle Hotel
#3 of 5 in Portpatrick
The Homestead Guest House
The Homestead Guest House
#5 of 6 in Cairnryan

Been to Rhins of Galloway? Share your experiences!