“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Antrim
United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The staff is very friendly. They were great. The only criticism I can think of is that it was pretty obvious that they didn't clean the mugs and spoons in the rooms that are provided with the coffee and tea. Other than that, it is a pretty good place to stay and there are some places to see within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2014
KLavery, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was happy to read that your stay with us was a positive one. We value each and every form of feedback from our guests and I have highlighted with our housekeeping team your observations. Your feedback helps us make things better. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay in the near future
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Merseyside
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here a couple of times.
Staff are really friendly and nice. They really go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible, which is very different to most Holiday Inn's I've stayed in.
The bathroom facilities are not so good. The shower was luke-warm at best.
The breakfast is nice enough.
Location is about 10-15 minutes away from Belfast International. I was working just in the complex so it was a good location for me.
Again, staff service was excellent and will be staying again.

Room Tip: Request for one facing the front, to avoid hearing the traffic of main road.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KLavery, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was pleased to read that your stay with us was a positive one. I was so pleased that you found our staff to be really nice and you found service to be excellent. I have passed on your concerns regarding the shower temperature making sure this is addressed. Your feedback is very much valued and helps us to continually improve. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us

I look forward welcoming you in back to stay in the near future

Alexandria, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

we arrived in antrim earlier than expected 0915 am so foned them to see what time we could book in for that night. we were told come round right away if we wanted. we were given a clean fresh room no 109.so we were able to grab a shower before heading to the hospital for visiting .all the staff were most helpfull and did ask us a few times if everthing was ok ,they are very customer focused.the breakfast was good with a good choice inc cooked buffet sect hot drinks ect with chef keeping an eye on its smooth running. we really enjoyed our stay and will be back . remember folks its a low priced hotel and does attract working people staying over if this offends then go and pay £150 plus per night by all means. a big pat on the back to all the staff there a smile and a helpfull attitude go a long way see yous again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cliff M
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on being a friendly hotel and being customer focused and I was so pleased this is exactly what you found during your visit. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Limavady, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Very good value. Usual standard rooms for this hotel chain, with spotless bathroom and comfortable beds. No external noise during the night. One slight problem - the room was too warm and we could not get the window open. Buffet-style breakfast, but all the food was warm and we were able to get a very quick meal before catching our 10am flight.

Room Tip: If catching an early flight, the breakfast starts at 6.30am
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us, especially finding the bathrooms to be spotless. Our housekeeping team will be delighted with your comments and I will be sure to pass them on. Travelling to Belfast international airport is popular with a lot of our guests especially for early morning flights. We have continental breakfast from 04.00 am to accommodate our early morning flyers. We also have some great park stay and fly rates to look out for when you’re next planning a holiday. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again
nottingham
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here again last week, and can confirm the standards continue. Welcomed as always by friendly staff, who obviously enjoy their job and treat every customer with respect.

Rooms have everything you need for a good nights sleep, and would recommend the place for both business travellers like myself, as well as leisure stays. Food on an evening was very well priced, and hosted a good variety of dishes for a 'chain' hotel.

Thanks again, and will be back no doubt!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that your stay with us was a positive one, especially finding our staff to be so friendly and food enjoyable. I can tell you that all our staff have read your review and were delighted. Its reviews like yours that let us know we've got it right

Thank you once again and may I say it was a pleasure to welcome you back to stay with us
See you again soon

Kind regards
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was checked in by a young lady called Krissy. She was extremely helpful in the check-in process, informative about details of the surrounding area & made us feel that we could approach her at any time. The rooms were very clean, comfortable & well appointed including tea & coffee making facilities. I didn't require my room to be serviced during my stay however, each day a fresh supply of towels & a container with tea, coffee & milk were left hanging on the outside handle of my door.
I was staying on a bed & breakfast basis & can honestly say it was probably one of the best breakfasts I have had in any hotel. I stay in hotels worldwide due to to my work & can honestly say the staff at this hotel could teach other hotel chains a thing or two about delivering exceptional customer service. Sadly my stay was due to a bereavement & to attend the funeral. Due to the fact it was raining we asked if they could supply umbrellas which the hotel did not have a supply of. However a member of staff by the name of Joe was proactive in sourcing umbrellas in order to assist us. This may give you some idea as to the high levels of customer service you will receive when staying at this hotel. One gets the feeling it is more of a family run establishment rather than another faceless corporation.
This hotel is well situated for both the city of Belfast & the tourist attractions of this part of Northern Ireland.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the car park are generally quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brendanjon
KLavery, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, as I am sure Joe and Krissy will agree. I can tell you they were just being themselves I wouldn't expect anything else from both of them. They will be delighted to read your comments and I will certainly pass them on. I was delighted to read that you found high levels of customer service, Its reviews like yours that let us know when we get it right, It means so much to read that you have travelled worldwide and can see the difference in our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future
Front Office manager
N.ireland
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on 30th December to avoid having to rise to early for our flight the next morning......BIG MISTAKE!! Whilst the rooms were comfortable and clean the rest of our experience was appalling. At 4.20 am we wore woken by horrendous door slamming which continued until 5am when my husband had to get up to find a staff member...., whilst i fully understand guests need to get up for flights this was the worst i have ever experienced...it would have been quieter on the M2....that was our relaxing start to our holiday ended. Breakfast was described as a full breakfast, this most certainly was not the case, there was absolutely no cooked food available. We did not have time to bring our concerns to the receptionist on check out as we had to get a flight, she never asked if we enjoyed our stay anyway! Later that day I emailed the hotel about the problems we encountered....that was over a week ago....I'm still waiting on a reply!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annrosepark
KLavery, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was saddened to read that your stay was not as expected. Every year during this period we serve a continental breakfast, I apologise if this has not been communicated in the right way. With regards your experience of noise levels thank you for bringing this to our attention, going forward we have addressed this with our night team, and have a plan in place to ensure that noise levels are reduced.

Thank you once again for your valued comments
I hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the future
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antrim
Dunsilly Hotel
#29 of 43 in Belfast
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#1 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1? Share your experiences!