“great hotel if on business or pleasure”

Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Antrim
Reviewed December 9, 2013

i usually stay at this hotel on business. stayed here as recently as two weeks ago for 5 days. apart from breakfast they also do lovely evening meals (compliments to the chef) it is convenient for international airport and is far enough out of Belfast to be away from the hussle and bussle of the town centre so easy travelling around here. hotel is pretty new so in great condition. comfy beds with all room mod cons.

Room Tip: need a car really for here. next to large asda store for any needs
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
KLavery, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that your stay with us was very much enjoyed. Our chef was delighted to read that you enjoyed your evening meals with us. We love that we can offer themed nights in our restaurant that brings variety for our guests. Our location is not only close to Belfast international airport but also a great base to explore Northern Ireland and works well for both business and leisure guests, I totally agree with you. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here mid week for 3 days. The staff could not have been kinder, the rooms are comfortable and cleaned every day. The breakfast was well cooked and a great start to the day. This is very handy for the Airport and the Antrim Area Hospital. A taxi only cost me £3 each way to the hospital which is much cheaper than hiring a car. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Random_guest_24
KLavery, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially finding staff to be so pleasant. We pride ourselves on being a friendly hotel and I am pleased to read this is what you found. We have a taxis company that work co and side with us and they provide the best prices for our guests, I am delighted you found this to be the case also.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future

Reviewed December 1, 2013

A great place to stay over night after a bit of local shopping. A great value hotel with pleasant staff and a very good breakfast. Some very good places to eat near by and a great bar / bistro near by with live music every Saturday night. Will be back again soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BIGREDAGAIN
KLavery, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially that you found the hotel to be great value. We have some great deals coming up to Christmas, and we are in a great location for convenience to shopping. Our breakfast is continually mentioned on reviews by our guests and it is pleasing to read that you enjoyed it also. We also serve evening meals with specials every night, which again our very popular with our guests. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us soon

Reviewed November 27, 2013

LOCATION & ATTRACTIONS NEARBY *** I have stayed in HIE Antrim only one night in August. Hotel is located in the outskirts of Antrim, close to huuuuuuge ASDA (love it) and various outlet shops (I need to go there again).
There is large parking attached to this hotel, so you will not have any issues with that.

HOTEL OVERVIEW *** This property was quite busy with some smaller and bigger groups and also with individual guests.

PURPOSE OF THIS TRIP *** Leisure & shopping.

RESERVATION *** As I was not sure if I will stay or not in the area, I have decided to book it in very last minute. This was the IHG Rewards redemption reservation, available special deal of only 5000 points! Absolute bargain! I have booked that only like 5 minutes before check-in. Easy reservation on my iPhone using their quite easy app and my IHG profile – 3 min and it’s done. I really like it.

CHECK-IN *** At the time of check-in my IHG Rewards Platinum status was not recognized (I don’t need it, but that’s IHG procedure) and they were unable to allocate room with 1 bed, I’ve got Twin instead (VERY late booking, so no issues with that). Check-in was quick and efficient and I was really surprised that they were so busy that afternoon.

LOBBY & RECEPTION *** It looks like standard HIE in the old company colours, nothing fancy, but it was clean and well maintained in general. Reception connected with a bar (as the same people serve guests in the evening).
ROOM *** My room #008 was located in the ground floor was quite small, but comfortable enough, clean and fresh. This was a twin-bedded room, equipped with some basic amenities like TV (old box style), tea/coffee making kit, phone. As mentioned earlier, this is still HIE “old” style, before refurbishment and rebranding to bluish colours. Unfortunately there was no A/C, which was quite annoying, but I was able to open window a little bit (it’s safe as you cannot open them fully as this is ground floor). They also had some materials about the area and IHG in general. 3++

BATHROOM *** This small cubical bathroom was again quite good, clean and fresh. Basic all-body & shampoo gel was only available. I was quite surprised that hot water (good pressure) was available 24h/day, even with hotel fully booked.

BREAKFAST *** Standard HIE breakfast with sausages, beans, eggs, toasts, great coffee (!!!), juices, yoghurts – that’s what you need to start your day. Nothing fancy, but it was definitely fresh and quite tasty. Staff was taking good care of all guests and the breakfast room, so there were no dirty plates or tables left for long time. Usually this is a problem in HIE, but not there. This was really good I have to admit.

BAR *** In the evening you can have a pint in the lobby. Bar have quite good selection of beverages and some basic pub food until 10pm I think. Very reasonable prices and they serve it very quick.

INTERNET ACCESS *** Complimentary Wi-Fi access is provided to all guests and this was working without any issues.

CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE *** Check-out was quick, efficient and I was ready to be on my way within minutes.

STAFF *** Very good, natural behaving staff, but professional at the same time. They managed very well with large groups and they are very good organised. Even if hotel is not perfect, they stand up for it. Thank you

OVERVIEW *** If outskirts of Antrim are on your way (for sightseeing or shopping), I can recommend this hotel. Don’t expect too much, but for the value and standard offered for it – it’s a good choice. If you expect more luxury, you need to find some other alternatives.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
KLavery, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially covering all areas of your stay. We love that we are able to have a large selection of food for breakfast and I am pleased that you enjoyed it. I was also especially pleased to read that you found staff to be natural but professional. We have a great team who genuinely care and want the best for our guests and reviews like yours let us know that we are on the right track.

Thank you once again for a great review

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is a handy hotel going to or coming from the international airport. Good rooms with great shower , free wi fi . Large selection of breakfast hot & cold items . Good location , central in country , 1 hour away from most places of interest . Junction One shopping outlet , bars and restaurants close by with large Asda . Bus and train station 15 min walk . Friendly helpful staff . Good value if booked online .

Room Tip: All rooms are good .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bookerBelfast
KLavery, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, Our location is a great base to explore Northern Ireland as we are central and close to most major motorways. We love the fact that we can serve a fully cooked breakfast that sets our guests up for the day.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a very good place to stay in Antrim... the breakfast is complete even for vegetarians like me. The rooms are very confortable and the wifi is good at the lobby. At the room, is not so good.
The hotel offers some meals, like soups and pastas which tasted great.
Really close to ASDA supermarket and Junction One outlet.
I recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gabrielaaaa
KLavery, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, Especially enjoying the selection of food options for vegetarians. We strive to continually improve on service and quality for our guests and your comments and feedback help us to do so. We our currently working on improving the wifi service in our bedrooms. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us

Kind regards

Reviewed November 11, 2013

When I first went into the hotel I was met with a lovely smiling face,the receptionist was nice and friendly and knew Antrim well,she advised me a few places to go,and at last,a holiday inn express that has bacon for breakfast.,lovely

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank frankandviv

Thank you taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We pride ourselves on being a friendly hotel and I am pleased to read that is exactly what you found. Our breakfast is very popular with a lot of our guests and I am glad we did not disappoint. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Antrim
Dunsilly Hotel
#1 of 1 in Dunadry
Rosspark Hotel
Rosspark Hotel
#4 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1? Share your experiences!