“Love the hotel”
Review of Dunsilly Hotel

Dunsilly Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Antrim
Reviewed April 13, 2014

A regular visitor at this hotel when ever in Ireland. It has everything perfect.

My favourite is the food, amazing menu, selection, quality and service.

Perfect.

Breakfast in bed, worth the fiver to have.

Well done team. Love this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights and found the room to be well appointed - clean and everything looked relatively new. Staff were really friendly - only gripe was that the bar closed earlier than I had expected and had to order drinks via reception

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went as a group of 6 on Mothers Day. Waited 20 minutes to be seated even though we had booked close to the end of service. When we were seated the queue was really too long for the food, so much so that I was half way through my main meal before the last person in our party had sat down. The food was nice but we were here last year and the quality then seemed much better. One of our party got a dessert that looked like it had been sqashed so requested another; no apology and it was thumped down on the table. All in all it was okay but last year was much better. The price is 3 courses for £19.99 which seems okay but local restarants offer similar for anything between £12 - £15 and you get it served to you. Not sure I would go back

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed at Dunsilly to attend a family party. Everything from reception staff, to catering for the party, to the breakfast served was brilliant.
The staff were amazing, very accommodating and friendly and I think this is always a massive plus when staying anywhere.
I can honestly say that I will stay here again when over visiting family and would definitely recommend to all

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Visited bar and grill for mothers day - had an excellent selection, reasonably priced and decent food. Service a bit slow with regards to taking dessert orders but overall good experience and would return.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LizzieS41
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Reserved a table here for Mother's Day. Food presentation was awful and attitude of staff except for one waiter was terrible. Waiter rudely refused to change our table and they did not serve dessert either and simply forgot about us. Over priced food. Pity I had not stopped at the service station down the road to get something better from the sandwich bar. Better to find somewhere around Junction One. Crap.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank T M
Bridgene, General Manager at Dunsilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear TM,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your dining experience with us on Mother’s Day.
We welcome all feedback to help us continuously improve our product and service offering.

I am shocked to hear that you had such a disappointing experience on Sunday. We served over 500 customers on Mother’s Day with high praise regarding both the food and standard of service.

Obviously your feedback is of great concern and I would like to discuss this with you to decipher which areas you feel fell down on that particular day. To look into this further I would need to know if you visited the grill bar or carvery and furthermore was it a particular dish, dishes or carvery itself that you felt was poorly presented?

Additionally I would like to look into the problem with your initial table that lead to a request to move and whether you felt the 5 course carvery or our grill menu in general is over priced?

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly, so I can look in to this further.
We take all customer complaints seriously and therefore I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Jonathan Devlin
Manager

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We call at the Dunsilly for a bar meal from time to time and almost always find it very good. The staff are always very pleasant, the restaurant is always clean and tidy and the service is very good.
We would generally have a burger or maybe an meal selected from their specials menu and we are usually happy.
Occasionally I have heard others say that they have been disappointed with their meals but personally we are usually satisfied with our choices.
We find also the Dunsilly good for a coffee stop as there is always a nice relaxed atmosphere in the hotel.
I would imagine this would be a goods place for business and tourists alike to stay when visiting the Antrim area which has a lot to offer.
We will always return to this hotel and find it to be doing good business - so lets hope the occasional disappointing meal that people report can be sorted.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antrim
Dunadry Hotel
#4 of 6 in Ballymena
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#1 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Dunsilly Hotel? Share your experiences!