“BEST PLACE FOR WORKS CHRISTMAS OUTING”
Review of Dunsilly Hotel

Dunsilly Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Antrim
ireland
“BEST PLACE FOR WORKS CHRISTMAS OUTING”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have had our works christmas dinner and overnight stay in this hotel for the past 4/5 years
Every year we have received excellent service. Dinners are fantastic, Breakfast to die for and lovely fresh clean rooms.

The service is excellent and well worth a five star rating. All the staff are friendly, helpful and at the same time efficient.

I cant recommend this hotel highly enough.

I hope to be returning there again in the future.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I attended a wedding for my close friend here with my fiancée and found this hotel to be fantastic! The room was fantastic, with a huge window that allowed it to open fully open when it got too warm and we needed air. the bed was comfortable and want to give a special thank you to the night porter, Paul. He was most courteous and delivered room service at a late hour, whilst taking our room service order for us. The party room was good, the staff very friendly and bar staff invented a great drink for me (rum and a shot of vanilla) and it only came to £3.00!! For a hotel, most cheap drink. The following morning, the room service order was late, however, EVERYONE else choose the same time slot, being the last one. We got the breakfast about 3-5 mins late, but the taste made up for any minor problems we faced in delay. The food was lovely, the service excellent and cost amazing! I believe it was £75 for wedding rate and this was sharing the price!

Room Tip: Wedding rates
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I have spent the last few years at the Dunsilly to celebrate our wedding anniversary (early December). The reason we do so is the guarantee of a warm welcome, a comfortable room and an hotel that prides itself on cleanliness.
We are never disappointed and when we revealed, on booking, it was our anniversary, the receptionist immediately upgraded us to the honeymoon suite.
At breakfast, a smiling but apologetic waitress told there was a problem in the kitchen with the gas and that all items other than fried eggs were available for the cooked meal. Scrambled eggs were on offer which we accepted.
Any business stands or falls by the attitude and professionalism of staff and here the Dunsilly Arms comes up trumps.
From manager to waiter/waitress, the Dunsilly has clearly adopted the approach that the customer always comes first and full marks to them for getting it right.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but take one overlooking the car park. The view is better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
co. antrim
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Dunsilly with my husband as we were attending a dinner dance there. First impressions were very good:
Really nice decor.
Helpful, friendly reception staff.
Clean spacious bedroom & ensuite.

The function room and bar were nicely decorated and our meal was delicious, better than the average function meal. The vegetables served were particularly nice! It was all good.
We sat up till 3am on the comfortable sofas outside the function room and the night staff were wonderful: helpful, friendly and good humoured.

Our bed was so comfortable I wish I could have taken it home with us.

Our breakfast was very good too and I was served fresh coffee straight away which always pleases me. The jams and fruit juices were good quality.

In short it's all good & if I was ever needing to use an airport hotel I'd go the extra few miles from Aldergrove to stay at Dunsilly Arms.

• Stayed November 2012
donegal
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I and my wife spent two nights at this wonderful hotel. We were warmly greeted by friendly staff and the food was excellent. We were just 20 minutes from Belfast and 5 minutes from Junction 1 in Antrim town. The shopping was a user friendly atmosphere.The peace and quiet afforded to us with this family friendly hotel makes me want to go back again. How many times do we pass little gems like this hotel. Well done to Management and staff of this Hotel. The only thing missing was a fitness and leisure room, otherwise it was brill.

Room Tip: Even though your near the M1 we were very well soundprooofed against all of the traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Clonmany, Co. Donegal
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Staff on reception very very friendly. Rooms very clean and warm. Shower fantastic. Badly need to change dinner menu very plain and average food, need to offer more choice. Very private if you want a quiet time away. Close to Antrim and junction one. I would stay there again. Breakfast very nice.

Room Tip: Private grounds with easy access to the town of Antrim.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank amtmcdaid
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Food in Restaurant was below average for a hotel. Nothing was fresh or home-made (including the chips)
This reminded me off a Chain of Restaurants.
I ordered a Chicken Kebab with chips - when the meal arrived - I knew by looking at the chips that they weren't fresh chips but frozen.

The meal itself looked nice but when I went to eat it - the chicken was like rubber & tasted funny. I did let the waitress know - who in return said that another customer had complained about the same thing & she would let the chef know. I was not happy about this, as if one customer has already brought it to the attention of the staff another customer should not be served it.

We were not charged for the Meal that was sent back. My partner had a Ceaser Salad which looked and tasted lovely.

I don't know whether I would return again or not as for the money that you are paying you are not getting good quality fresh food.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jill035
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antrim
Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#1 of 6 in Ballymena
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,851 reviews

Been to Dunsilly Hotel? Share your experiences!