“good value food, good service”
Review of The Stables Bar - CLOSED

The Stables Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Yesterday my husband and I visited the Stables as we had read that a £10 three-course meal was on offer.
We were met at the entrance to the restaurant and shown a table. Menus were brought within minutes and also the jug of water that we asked for.

We ordered the fish cakes for starters, and (for £3 extra each) we ordered minute steak with the trimmings - tobacco onions, pepper sauce and chunky chips.
We also ordered a bottle of house red at £10 a bottle. It was a very nice Merlot.

The fish cakes were delicious, and our steaks were cooked just as we liked.
For dessert I had hot rhubarb and strawberry crumble with custard - mmmm! And my husband had a trio of ice cream - three different flavours.

An excellent meal, very good value, and courteous attentive service.
We will certainly be back

2  Thank AnnieMG

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have only ever been to the carvery but it is absolutely beautiful. Today I had a delicious meal, followed by the nicest chocolate brownie sundae ever! Yumm! I would highly recommend to anyone looking a good feed at reasonable prices! I will definitely be back!! Overall a pleasant experience with polite and attentive staff! :)

3  Thank Niamh933
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I called here after a lovely day round the Antrim Coast. The staff were very attentive, the food was very tasty and all for a great price. If you are in Antrim don't miss the chance to check this out, you will not be disappointed .

1  Thank Cheryl N
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch in the restaurant. We both ordered Bushmills chicken as our main. It was beautifully cooked. It was reasonably priced and the service was very good. The staff were very attentive.

2  Thank Mag5678
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was here on Sunday 13th April for my omas 80th and a party of 13. Myself, my boyfriend and mum ordered from the menu and the food was excellent and the rest if our party got the car very which they said was really nice aswell. The service was really good and the owner couldn't do enough for us. We asked them to make a birthday cake for my Oma which they did and also was very nice. This isn't my first time here and we will be returning in the future as it is far better food and service than other hotels in Templepatrick and Antrim.

Thank you to the owner and staff for making everything as good as it was my Oma really enjoyed it all!

2  Thank Andrea S