“Lucky find”

The Stables Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Called in at 5pm on a Sunday not expecting anything to be available What a surprise. The staff were friendly and helpful especially the head waiter. Everything on the menu was available and we decided on the carvery. The food was beautifully cooked and the portions were huge. Sweets were to die for. I could not fault anything including the price. Worth coming from England for.

1  Thank Petercrawf

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We visited yesterday, (10th Nov 2013) and had a really great meal, the thought of a carvery may put many people off, but this place serves the best carvery i have ever had. Everything is cooked to perfection, there is no shortage of food either, its a very large plate of food.

The service was fantastic and everyone was so friendly.

Puddings are to die for! if you have room after your meal would highly recommend.

Really easy place to find.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

If your visiting the North, try and avoid Sunday's. It's a lovely place to visit, but most places are either closed, or have restricted hours, on the Sabbath. Translink do a "day tracker" on their trains, for only 7 pounds, unlimited travel for Sunday's, which is excellent value, but you'll find a lot of towns deserted. As most people work 5 days, generally Sat and Sun are leisure days, but the powers that be up North, decided to stay closed! I'll never understand it.

Anyhow, I landed in Antrim last Sun, and after spending a couple of hours in Antrim Castle Gardens, decided to get a bite to eat. I tried a few places, but it was either too early, or they didn't do food. But, a lot of locals recommended "Stables", so I have to give it a try. After all, the locals will know best.

It looked very inviting from the outside, reminded me of a superpub you'd find in a city, so in I go, and stick my head in the bar. It was mostly men enjoying their pint, but not a sign of any grub. So I go down to the back, and I see a "wait to be seated" sign at the door. It looked very formal, not what I was looking for, as I was on my own. All I wanted was pub grub. Back I go into the bar, and ask the very helpful barman, if they do bar food? No, he informs me, and sends me back to the restaurant, where a group of about 6, who were behind me, skipped the queue, and took a table. And the man on duty didn't say a dickey-bird!! That was me finished, surely there was somewhere else in this big town to get a bite to eat. So I left, and promised my-self never to return. Two hours later, I got a "fish & chips" in the chipper, and eat it on a park bench, at the edge of town [but nobody skipped the queue] :-]]]]

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I went to dine in "the Stable" bar with my wife and her parents. We decided for this place after having red positive feedback. Honestly, the food was very tasty and fresh. We really enjoyed and my parent il law, coming from Slovakia, appreciated it. The waiter, on the other hand, was the element who negatively influenced our experience at the stable. First of all, he was not much friendly and secondly when I went to pay the bill I discovered he applyed the evening menu list price. He excused himself and I accepted it but the gentlemen was not a young waiter at the first experience. Finally, the pub was not full. In total 4 tables to serve. I am an Irish resident, I was tourist in Antrim, my english has an italian accent and is not perfect but I am not a stupid. In 10 years living in Dublin, never happened to me and in places much more busy. What pity....

4  Thank Stefano A
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great Sunday Lunch Very friendly professional and informed staff.
Lunch was good value good quality and wam and plentiful! Would definately recommend
The new owners definately make the difference wiil be back

2  Thank martha250565