“Good Location - *Food Was Cold & Overpriced* - Service OK, Not Recommended ! ! !”
Review of WeMake - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
WeMake
Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Hi,

Normally I would have a peep on TripAdvisor prior to eating out, on this occasion perhaps I should have!

Wemake seemed a good choice when in the Antrim area around breakfast time and I knew the parking was free, situated at the Junction One just off the M2 in Antrim Wemake offers food from 10am. Please note that the whole Junction One Retail park does not open until 10am, so don’t go looking for a bargain before then.

The restaurant is smart with a dark brown / lime green décor, with only 2 customers I should have guessed it was not popular. My Business colleague and I opted for a quick breakfast.

I had toast, beans & scrambled egg with coffee, not good! The beans were almost cold, the egg was way too creamy (unless you like them that way I suppose) and the small individual portions of butter were obviously straight from the fridge and would not have softened had I sat there until noon, Even the old ‘set the coffee cup on top trick’ had no impact!

The other meal was tea & a simple bacon & sausage white ‘flourly’ bap, there was nothing ‘floury’ about it, instead one of those pre-cut and baked in two parts, burger baps.

The tea and coffee were fine, service was ok and at least they asked if we wanted sauce and then produced a full bottle of genuine HP, always a bonus to have quality sauce.

You order at the counter and pay for the meal before you receive it having been given a small wooden table number, prices are steep for what you get coming in at £13.95 for the above scant choices.

Only a quick informal snack breakfast after all, perhaps the lunch menu / food is of better quality, definitely not a ‘first date for coffee’ venue, though I hope they improve as I’m sure they are paying big rent for that location.

Would not recommend!

If this review has 'Informed' your decision please tick the 'Was this review Helpful' box.

Les

• Visited February 2013

antrim
“Boring Menu, Small Portions”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Restaurant in Junction One Outlet Centre . First signs not good, 12.30 on a Saturday in December and there are only 5 tables occupied. I havent been here for a few weeks and was looking forward to my lunch. The menu has changed completely. There used to be some interesting choices but now its very basic. Fish & Chips, Burger, Chicken Burger, Chicken Goujons, the same as everywhere else. We had chicken goujons and chips, 4 small goujons and NINE chips, handful of lettuce and a tiny plastic tub of supposedly garlic mayonnaise. My dining partner had a chicken fillet burger which came in a toasted bap, no dressing of any kind, EIGHT chips and a handful of lettuce. We also had 2 very small pots of tea with what must be the weakest tea bags on the planet. For this we paid over £18. I know everywhere is struggling at the moment, but bland menus and tiny portions are not the way to gain more custom. Won`t be back and certainly won`t be recommending it.

• Visited December 2012
belfast
“Eat anywhere else”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The food here is bland, expensive and badly cooked. We visited for lunch and 3 of our party order the soup and sandwich combo. We asked if we could have the sandwich toasted and were told it would be an extra 50p per sandwich, when the food arrived the vegetable broth had no flavour, it's quite an accomplishment to make soup taste of nothing but warm water. The sandwiches had virtually no filling and given that the combo cost £6.99 plus the additional 50p for toasting this is extremely poor value. Other members of the party ordered a chicken burger which was described on the menu as "covered in melted mozzarella" when it arrived there was no cheese to be seen, it was sent back and the cheese requested when the burger finally returned from the kitchen it had some cheddar cheese on top which was partially melted on top and not melted underneath and left the cheese rubbery. the chips that accompanied the dish were undercooked and hard in the middle. There was also a portion of chips and a single slice of bread ordered (75p for one slice of bread) We decided there was no point in complaining any further and will vote with our feet and never return.

• Visited November 2012