“unpleasant manager”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“unpleasant manager”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I took my family to moes grill today in Antrim. We have been a few times before and always had a good meal. The list if problems this time was quite long.
1st it took 45mins for a meal to arrive after we ordered
2nd the meals came out in dribs and drabs.
3rd meals cold
4th extra small portions on kids meals
5th broccoli and chicken pasta bake was drowned in grease.

On finishing our meal the waitress asked if our meal was okay I told her our problems. She then told the manager and chief. When we where paying for our meal. The manager came charging towards me. Saying that the grease didn't come of my meal. I had paid for meal and was going to leave as I had thought it was just a off night in the restaurant. He denied that there was any grease in my meal, and upset me as I had no reason to lie. After the manager aggressive approach to me and my family. I was very upset and found it hard to deal with. My husband and mother inlaw both work in the restaurant industry, I was always lead to believe that the customer was right. Needles to say my family/friends will never be back in moes grill in junction 1.

5 Thank Ardboley

Antrim, United Kingdom
“Average food, expensive price”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Was here with my parents for a meal, hadn't booked but got a table no problem. Menu looked large to begin with but very expensive for what essentially is all deep fat fried food. Took approx 40mins from ordering until we got our food which was surprising because not overly busy. Had pepper sauce with my meal that was so so hot could not enjoy it. Don't think I will be back in a hurry!

2 Thank Pepper1232013
N Ireland
“Below Par”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well....it was an experience...
On arrival the couple ahead of us were getting an apology because the waitress forgot about them so that should have been our que to go...
There is a button on the table to press if you need service, again, in such a small place it gives a glimmer of how poor the service is.
I agree with the person who said the staff appear to give the attitude that they are doing you a favour by serving you as it definitely seemed to be a lot of trouble & hassle to them.
It would have even been comforting to see one member of staff smile & look like they were happy to have a job.

Now for the food...
We ordered the platter - it sounded lovely - it tasted badly. The food is all frozen & just deep fried. Really disappointing as I thought it looked more of a finer diner rather than a cheap chippy.

Won't return and won't recommend.

3 Thank MaryK-NI
Belfast, United Kingdom
“50/50”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Saturday night for meal. Two of the main courses had to be sent back as were served luke warm. Service could of been better. Girl seemed to have very little customer focus. Overall meal and place ok but could b a lot better. Menu very basic. Nothing that stands out. More or less pub grub not a restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Ian55Mc
N Ireland
“Had a decent lunch”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went with two older children, and had a good lunch. Ordered the platter for starters which was a decent size. Three mains(scampi, chicken burger and chicken breast) and two soft drinks - bill came to £46.

Service was prompt and staff were friendly enough. It is really a diner and so we got what we expected - while it was a little dearer than say frankie and benny's this was much better value for money and the portions were better and staff much more friendly.

Quite quiet although we were there after lunch.

• Visited August 2013