“A HALLOWEEN TREAT!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our first visit to REDZ, and we're already looking forward to our next visit! I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive about visiting it after reading some of the reviews. However, I was very impressed. The decor and table layout is very nice, with plenty of room between tables so you don't feel as if you're listening to your neighbours conversation. The food was absolutely delicious, well presented and huge portions. The prices were reasonable, and the staff were friendly and courteous without being intrusive. A very enjoyable visit and I have no hesitation in highly recommending it.

1  Thank brad2103

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for a meal in Redz on 25/10/12. We had heard a lot of good reviews. As there was an event on at J1 we expected it to be a little busy. We arrived at 6pm and were greeted at the door by a waitress who asked us if we had booked. After telling her no, we were shown to a two seater table that was situated right next to the bathroom. Not off to a good start. Especially with me being pregnant I thought she would have given us more comfortable seats.
We waited about twenty minutes before the waitress took our order and got us drinks. We both ordered orange fanta at £2.30 a drink, in a cup that you wouldn't even give a toddler.
I ordered Chicken and Peppercorn sauce with sautéed potatoes. My boyfriend ordered Chicken Pizzicassa, something different, for his side dish he ordered hand cut chips. Sounds lovely ... This was not the case!!!
My boyfriends dish came down as if it was covered in a tin of tomato soup and the chips were deep fat fried (this is visible on way out of restaurant). My pepper sauce was watery and the worst I had ever tasted. I ate maybe two bits of the chicken. Advertised as fillet. It was like a cheap cut of escalope from Lidls. As for the Sautéed potatoes, deep fat fried.
I was so cross as nobody asked how the meal was or if we needed drink refills, which we did.
Other people's plates in the restaurant were being left half full. Staff must find this more than obvious when judging how customers enjoy their meals.
We left and went up to pay as we were meeting friends at 7.30 and weren't even interested in a dessert menu.
The waitress didnt ask us how our meal was. I think she had an idea from my face. The bill came to £27. I couldn't believe it. Subway would have filled and satisfied us better for £10.
For a nice meal don't eat here. Not one nice thing I could say about the place. Staff are severely lacking people skills, food is awful I would go as far as saying disgusting and chairs are very uncomfortable.
We will never return!!!

10  Thank Gems199
mollybooantrim, Owner at Redz Piano Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

In response to your recent review on Redz I am inclined to believe it is all lies and you weren't even in our restaurant. I do believe that you were one of the people who parked their car in our car park to go to the J1 fireworks display.(Our car park is for restaurant customers only) After a waitress politely asked you to move your car round to the next car park you got quite abusive to her. As it was a big night in J1 we needed to keep our spaces for paying customers. If people see that there is no parking spaces at the restaurant they tend to drive on. Also the waitress in question told you where there was parking spaces at the back of the hotel not 100 yards away. Why i also believe you were not in our restaurantare the untrue facts you have stated. 1. £2.30 for Orange Fanta???? This is no where near the price. Also it is not served in a cup. 2. We also do not serve sauteed potatoes. You mention that the chips were deep fat fried. Like most restaurants that is how chips are cooked, in a deep fat fryer! As it was a busy night and like you said you didn't book a table then you take a chance with what tables are left as those who did book have reserved their tables. You say that you were seated in a two seater next to the toilet. Even though this table is close to the toilet area it is not right beside the toilet(It is a restaurant and some tables are in better areas than others, something we can do nothing about). I have checked the CCTV for that night and i didnt see a pregnant women sitting at that table. Any of our regular customers will know that the facts you stated are untrue.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have eaten in Redz several times, and yesterday evening we had yet another great meal.
Service was friendly and efficient, and I love hearing the pianist play in the background.
The food was great: all three of us had steaks with sides and sauces. The sweet potato fries were delicious, and portion sizes were ample.
Wine was moderately priced with an excellent bottle of Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon for £12.95.
We will certainly be back again.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

food good but staff will do everything to get u out as earily as possiable so they can get away, even if there are 12 of u spending money at bar. Lights turned off cleaning floor around your feet at 9.45 pm, we had just spent a lot of money and as soon as the bill paid - basically only thing they dident do was tell us to get out. We are all in our late 40s so no rowdy goings on very civilised outting which we finnished off next door Antrim pk. Will b going there next time.

3  Thank stephen b
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Been to Redz a couple of times recently for family celebrations. Both times had a fantastic night. Lovely relaxed atmosphere with the manager Simon very keen to help spring the surprises! Will definately be back!