“Cheap Carvery, that's ok.”

Crown Carvery at The Swan Hotel
Ranked #13 of 18 Restaurants in Coleshill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Dined here at the Saturday night having spent the day walking around a show at the NEC which is just a few miles away. The carvery is not very expensive, and the restaurant wasn't busy, a good choice of meat, and a small selection of veg. It's a bit tired in appearance, but for the money you can't really complain.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Standard price, standard ‘formula,’ middle of the road Innkeeper Carvery. Penty of off road parking and pleasant staff; less crowded than many on Sunday afternoon or evening and they do always keep everything piping hot.
[Kids can eat free with a paying adult]

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The best feature of this carvery restaurant was the price. However, at four pounds the quality of the food leaves a lot to be desired and the company could learn lessons from its competitors. I entered from the rear car park and was left standing in the middle of the restaurant. There were no signs to explain the process for ordering food, obtaining a menu, drinks etc and no sign of any restaurant staff member to advise. I made my way to the bar and was advised to select a table, view the menu and return and pay for food and drinks at the bar. The bar maid was polite and friendly and although i only wanted a glass of water with my meal she offered ice and a slice of lemon. The restaurant and bar was about a third full but the decor was somewhat drab and lacked any real atmosphere. The chef was a cheery young man who carved generous portions of my preferred selection of gammon & beef and offered either one or two Yorkshire puddings. Unfortunately the vegetables, which make up a significant portion of the meal, were disappointing. The cabbage had been poorly prepped and as a consequence was chewy, unappetising and the stalks inedible. I believe that the peas were tinned and again lacked flavour as did the roast potatoes that were past there best up to an hour before. Whilst reluctant to write such a critical revue, when the meal was only four pounds, the reality is that it did not meet the standards of quality or value for my money! I will not be in any rush to return again although I live nearby.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

we went for a quick carvery on our way home and picked this place as I hadnt been for a long time. I was disappointed with the atmosphere and the conditions. The table was sticky and I asked the waitress to come and clean it but she never came. The chef behind the carvery was really glum and did his best to make sure the slices of meat were as thin as could be. The meal was tasty so for that i would give this place a 3. I wont be in a rush to return.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was very quiet on the Monday, so suspect food had been too long on the carvery. No indication how to et food. Others we have been served at the table with drinks and directed to the servery. Paid at the end after sweets. Here had to pay 'up front' at the bar before knowing what sweets we might have or want.