“60th Birthday Party Celebration”

Grimscote Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coleshill
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was looking for something personal and a little bit special for my 60th birthday, to be shared with family and close friends.
When I saw the hotel I knew it was just what I was looking for my celebratory meal. The organisation was efficient in the extreme, thanks to Gillian, and when I arrived on the evening I was thrilled with how the room had been laid out and the way I was able to greet my guests in the private rooms we had at our disposal.
The food was all freshly cooked, with an excellent choice offered on a mini 'a la carte' menu, and all beautifully presented.
I cannot praise Gillian and her staff enough and would thoroughly recommend it to anybody wanting to have an intimate special occasion.
Once more, thank you to everyone involved for a super evening.
Jill

There are newer reviews for Grimscote Manor Hotel

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was our first visit to Grimscote Hotel to attend our friends 60th Birthday Celebration Dinner. The whole experience was superb from start to finish.The hotel had a warm and inviting family atmosphere.The private function room was beautifully decorated which added to the comfort and ambiance of the evening.There was a great selection on the menu......but I have to say my chose of roast beef and all the trimmings had the WOW factor. It melted in your mouth! ......the staff were very friendly and pleasant......so compliments to Gillian and her dedicated team. I highly recommend this venue and look forward to returning for another occasion soon.(Kathy & Len)

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Grimscote Manor is a hidden gem and the Jewel in the Warks' Crown. Located in the village of Coleshill, 10 mins from Birmingham International Airport/Station and the NEC, you will probably need a car or taxi to get there. Coleshill Parkway station is also a 5min drive away. It's also a lovely walk into Coleshill village, but the hotel is on the main road to Lichfield.

From the moment you arrive you know this is something special. The welcome is warm and friendly and you are shown to your room which is a courtesy lost to the faceless budget chains. Ok, so it's no grand palace, but it's the little touches of luxury that sets this apart from your run-of-the-mill hotel. The room decor is to a high spec and the bathrooms are superb, stylish and spotless of course, even in the smaller single rooms.

If you are visiting the NEC or just want a weekend break in Birmingham/Warwickshire countryside, you will enjoy staying here. Their prices are comparable to the big-name budget hotels nearby - especially as full-breakfast, cooked to order, is included in the rate - but I guarantee you won't feel as pampered as you do at Grimscote Manor. And should you stay for an evening meal, again, you won't be disappointed as all dishes are cooked fresh to order and are of a very high standard.

Having stayed at many a hotel in the NEC/Solihull area, I cannot recommend the Grimscote Manor highly enough.

Room Tip: The single rooms are quite small if well appointed, so if you want more space book a double.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Just had a wonderful stay at here, the food was lovely and very reasonably priced. house wine was loads better than we have tried at other places. Went to view it as my son and his fiancee are thinking of getting married there next year. Staff were very good, nothing was too much trouble. Accomadation and breakfast were very good value for money. Marquee looks amazing for weddings, and the bandstand and bridge add the finishing touches for any wedding photos!! We will definatly be back next year for their wedding.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Being a part of my friends 60th birthday celebration was in itself very special but Grimscotemanor pulled out all the stops to ensure we all had a great time. The food as incredible, the staff could not have been more helpful and the venue was superb. I would thoroughly recommend Grimscotemanor for any future events & hope it's not the last time I will be visiting!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

my sister wanted somewhere special but personal for her family and her closest friends to celebrate her 60th birthday. This is exactly what Gillian and her team provided. It felt as if this was my sisters own coutry retreat for the evening. Guests were greated warmly but staff did not intrude. The food was beautiful in fact my sister and I commented we had never tasted such tender and tasty roast beef in our life!The evening was given over entirely to our party and we all had a wnderful time. I am returning next week to my daughter's friend's wedding and am looking forward to another great time at Grimscote. Thankyou to my sister and grimscote for my first brilliant visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

As I have had to visit the Solihull / NEC area more regularly recently, I have tried several places for one-night stopovers. In my opinion, this is real gem. My single room was spotlessly clean and quiet, overlooking the back garden/swimming pool area. This is a small hotel but does provide evening meals if you ask in advance - however Coleshill village is only a ten minute walk and there is a Harvester pub very nearby. Free WiFi was an unexpected bonus too. Breakfast is cooked to order and very tasty. The staff I met were friendly and helpful. The final bonus is the price which, for a single room, was very reasonable indeed. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank turnpike_bob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleshill
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
The Belfry
The Belfry
#1 of 1 in Wishaw
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire

Been to Grimscote Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!