“Brilliant !”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coleshill
west yorkshire
“Brilliant !”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

When I booked this hotel ,I did not realise it was one I had watched previously on "The Hotel Inspector". I had chosen it because it would accept my 2 retired Guide Dogs .
What can I say , from telephone booking, to being directed on route to the hotel, to room , to room service , breakfast and then check out , it was faultless
Would stay here again? Definitely !!!!
I have stayed in 5* + hotels worldwide, which could learn from The Grimscote Manor Hotel just how to do service ! Thank you

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank marleypops

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have stayed here twice in as many months, while working at shows held at the NEC. I have had two different single rooms both to a very high standard. Clean and fresh with great attention to detail, room is made up each morning and clean towels left. Fridge in the room is great when you are with business, as getting lunch at shows is always expensive i made my own sandwiches each morning.
The staff are very friendly and always willing to help, the de-icer on the front desk was a nice touch and very useful as the weather was cold. I turned the radiator in my room off on arrival as I don't like it too hot when asleep, despite having no heat and it being cold outside I was very cosy.
The food is the best bit of this hotel and the attention to detail is second to none. Breakfast is cooked to order fresh and hot, none of this sitting on a warmer for hours. The evening meals are outstanding value, home cooked food with great flavours for the price of pub grub.

I will be booking my room now for the Classic Motor Show in November, on the back roads you can make the NEC car parks in 10-15 mins.

Room Tip: Rooms 1/3/6/2 are ground floor on the front, a little more traffic noise than I am use to. Room 3 o...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alison B
Kent, uk
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights with my partner to get away and spend some time with each other. We stayed in the Brockington Suite which was beautiful, lovely decorated including a large bathroom. Everything was super clean and there was great attention to detail.

Staff were fantastic and were very friendly and polite including the owner who waited up late for our check in and helped surprise my boyfriend bringing up a birthday cake with flowers with our breakfast on the morning of his birthday was very happy.

Although we didn't have any dinner or lunch there the breakfast there was amazing.

Overall it has been one of the best hotels my partner and I have stayed at and the staff were amazing would def stay here again, Perfect for a romantic or quiet getaway.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kiran S
Cairndow
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Stayed here a couple of nights and can't recommend this hotel more highly. Staff were excellent and couldn't be more helpful. Decorated to a high standard. Food both at breakfast and dinner very good with a wide choice at dinner.Very handy for the NEC.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Raigmore
London
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed here to attend family christening in Birmingham and I wasn't disappointed. We normally stay at the Bull in Meriden but their rates were exceptionally high for 11 dec. The Grimscote was recommended to us and we were lucky to get their last double in the main building.
It was beautifully furnished with antiques and decorated in subdued colours and the bed was superbly comfortable. If I can be picky I found the colours a bit depressing and felt it needed lifting a bit but that's just my personal opinion. The bathroom was ultra modern and clean, shower pressure not brilliant as electric but certainly good enough.
Breakfast cooked to order with orders taken by the delightful Georgie.
We were pleased to see dogs there (not to everyone's taste I realise) we had left our chihuahua and spaniel at home but would def come here again and bring them.
GrounDs looked lovely and wished we'd had more time to look around but we had a puncture on a brand new tyre that we had just replaced due to a puncture!! Georgie informed us that a member of staff had noticed our flat tyre and got us a pump but we had to change the tyre in the end.
All in all an excellent stay and great value, also wish we had eaten there and will do next time.

• Stayed December 2011
worcs,england
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Best way to get there is off J9 M42 follow signs to Coleshill go over the big Hams Hall roundabout follow the road through twists and turns and through several sets of traffic lights til you see the sign for another roundabout , about 100yds before the roundabout left turn into the hotel and into car park. If you miss you have to round the roundabout and back up the road for about a mile till you can do a U-turn.

Reception is to the left of the hotel frontage hidden by a big bay window , it is not the white door which only leads to bedrooms.

Bedroom furnished with antique furniture , clean and tidy ,but bathroom very modern with a plentiful supply of towels and very importantly bed was very comfortable indeed . Tea making and bottles of water available.We liked the bright clean staircase ,with a clever use of mirrors to brightened it up ,leading to the room .Very comfortable and attractive lounge with Christmas tree/decoration. Minor snag you have to go out to go round to the door to the reception and dining room ,about 10-15 yards , apparently there are plans in the near future to provide direct access to the dining room.

Dining room small and functional but food superb and deserves all possible accolades.
Starter:- Smoked Salmon - black pudding with perfectly poached egg and excellent sauce
Main :- Rib eye steak with mushrooms - pork loin with beautiful apple cider sauce - good selection of vegetables with again a sauce to die for which made even the brussels sprouts enjoyable.
Dessert:- I had a Pavlova but my partner had fresh berries ( some 4 /5 different fruits ) and a dipping chocolate sauce a simple but effective subsitute for a chocolate fountain.
One minor criticism I know that lots of people watch TV whilst eating but I would have preferred the TV not to have been on whilst we were there
Breakfast we had full English good quality.

Pet friendly . Double room £69 ,Single £44 . Meal excluding wine about £24 per person, brilliant value. Chef deserves praise.

Family run and doing an excellent job.

Ideal for Airport, NEC , Birmingham International . It is a pity that as it is classified as a Coleshill hotel many visitors who will simply click on Birmingham wont know about it though because of its close proximity to both M42 and M6 it is suitable for people visiting Birmingham.

Will be back

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mark666
Reviewed December 6, 2011

After spending a couple of nights in a tired B&B in Stratford it was a real pleasure to stay at GMH. Very friendly, helpful mum & daughter at reception, room was immaculate, bed very comfy and even though we didn't eat there the smell from the kitchen was mouth watering! Only a power shower would have improved the stay..great family run hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleshill
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#8 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Grimscote Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!