“Stay here, but leave a space for me!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grimscote Manor Hotel

Grimscote Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coleshill
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Stay here, but leave a space for me!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

I visit Bham regularly for work and have stayed at many a lovely b&b in and around coleshill. We found Grimscote and read the review and wondered... and what a fabulous place. the owners both are delightful, kind, and what can I say about the food? didn't go out as it was so good, I looked forward to eating in every night. Superwoman or what! Will be back, thank you for a lovely stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

I did not actually stay the night myself, it was my daughter & soninlaws wedding at the hotel, the wedding package was brilliant, the wedding gazbo was lovely set perfect with all the things we wanted for the wedding food was great service bril, and staff were very accomadating, it was the perfect setting with lovely grounds to take the perfect wedding photos, all family that stayed at the hotel were happy and comfortable, the bridal suite was lovely, plenty of room huge bed decorated lovely with champange flowers chocolates etc the couple loved everything about the wedding and thier stay over in bridal suite, i did have breakfast the morning after with all the family the hotel were very good about letting other family members share breakfast with the family as we wanted to say our farewells before they all traveled back home in different directions across the country, breakfast was lovely cooked fresh and plenty of it, Gillain was also very good and cut up the wedding cake the morning after the wedding on request of the married couple so we could send it off with family to take home with them, in all its an excellent palce to have the wedding reception of your dreams and lovely lace to stay, thanks again Gillian and all staff for all your help making the wedding a success.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kay198088
lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

just had 1 night stay, staff are friendly and helpfull.on arrival first room was not quite what we wanted.no problem, room changed immediately.very clean thro-out hotel. no bar in hotel but staff had no problem supplying us with drinks on request.food was of good standard (breakfast & evening meal)and reasonable prices. would definately stay here again(next food & gardening show at nec) and would also recommend to others.a very pleasant stay.many thanks.

Room Tip: just ask. staff very helpful.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

Stayed here for one night as i had a meeting nearby the next day. The photos on the website and great reviews helped me narrow down the search on Late Rooms.

Staff were excellent throughout my stay and check in was hassle free. Room had recently been refurbed and the bathroom was spot on. The bedroom was fine if a little small but that didn't really matter for a solo traveller. The only criticism i would make would be about the bed. It was very basic with a wafer thin mattress and the pillows were too soft.

The breakfast was excellent with the poached eggs done to perfection.

Grimscote is a good hotel and well worth the £64 i paid but i'll probably use a larger chain hotel if working in that area again due to the bed.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

This was my fistr trip away alone in a very long time and I was more than apprehensive about it, have a booked the right place will it be a horror story.. I am very glad to say that it was perfect. Gillian and her staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are very nicely done with lots of lovely little touches: it's nice to have a real fridge! Everything was lovely and clean and the ensuite was a great size, I had a single room with enough room for me to be very comfortable for my 2 night stay. The food was excellent (breakfast and dinner), I didn't realise that they did a dinner menu it 's not that clear on the website you should make more of it, it was great. The hotel is situated in a good space and parking was good. I slept pretty good as well, inspite of the dual carriage way, which isn't an issue. This was a great find and I would definately stay again, it gives you faith in the independants when you find something like this.

Room Tip: Look for the petrol station as your landmark.
Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

When we arrived we were greeted warmly. We had noticed that there was a very busy dual carriageway close to the front of the hotel. We are light sleepers so I asked if the room we had been given was facing the road. It was but I was assured that we would not hear the traffic. We were skeptical and asked what other rooms were available. We were told that the only other room had only a skylight. - even worse! We were the only people staying at the hotel that night.
We could hear a lot of traffic noise and I was woken as soon as the traffic built up the following morning at about 6.00.
The room was small but had a very good en suite with a large shower. The bed was far too low for me and I found it a struggle to get out of bed. The under sheet was flannelette. and I am not a fan of these.
The toiletries were generous, as were the towels, 2 hand towels each, bath sheets. and face flannels. In the fridge were 2 small bottles of water with 2 chilled glasses.
Breakfast was very good. We counted 27 different cereals! The cooked breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 2pomsWales
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

I'd like to recommend this hotel for a perfect wedding venue; Gillian was amazing she needs a gold medal for dedication. Nothing was too much trouble for Gillian and her staff the food was outstanding, decorations brilliant, in house DJ was fun and the music played was to everyone’s taste.
The bridal suite had just been finished for my daughter’s wedding it is unbelievable that was just the cherry on the cake. My daughter’s happiness that day was so important to me and Gillian was there from 6am until 1am I could not fault them.
All the guest's couldn't stop saying what a perfect day and evening it was if you want a perfect wedding reception with excellent food this is the venue.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank terry_harris15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleshill
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#7 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,757 reviews

Been to Grimscote Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!