“Great refit”

Ranked #14 of 17 Restaurants in Coleshill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

After watching the rugby we decided to pop in for a quick drink before going for a meal. After watching a couple of meals being brought out the kitchen we decided eat here. What a great choice we made. My partner had the garlic chicken and I had the curry, both meals were freshly cooked, tasty and excellant value for money (although not on the meal deal menu). The refit is great, gone are the miniscule toilets, which have now been taken out and this is where the entrance to the pub is. Although the place has been completly redecorated, it has not lost any of its character. An excellant refurbishment with good food as well. The bar can get busy at the weekends, but there is a separate restaurant to eat in, if required. As being local, we have never tried the rooms, but if, as good as the refurbishment, would get the thumbs up from us.

There are newer reviews for Coleshill Hotel Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited the Coleshill Hotel a few weeks ago with my wife. Our first visit since its refit and I have to say they have done a really good job. We chose the baked haddock from the 2 for 1 menu and I guess you shouldn't expect a great deal bearing in mind we paid £12 for two main courses, but the meals were not good. Haddock on a bed of spinach drenched in a packet cheese sauce. To be fair, I have eaten at this place many many times over the years and this is the first average meal I have eaten. Will use the restaurant again, but the message is..could do better.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Attended a wedding here yesterday what a lovely place and exceptional host Andrew, The wedding was well organised from start to finish, The room we stayed in was clean and the bed was wonderful best nights sleep ive had in a long time.
Thankyou Andrew and all your staff they are a credit to you I will be back thinking of booking my 50th next year with you.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Arrived early evening, to meet my parents who live in the area. The place is dark and dingy! and in need of a clean. We walked into the restaurant and were greeted by several dirty tables. The staff were friendly but had little idea of organization.

It was a shame a the food was nice and reasonably priced with a wide range.

Management needs push! terrible shame as nice building plenty of character

Reviewed August 26, 2012

great service friendly staff and very reasonable, great choice great atmosphere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!