“Very friendly place”
Review of The Roffen

The Roffen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Roffen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 140 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant 41... We are now open to non members Our new Head Chef David Kirby serving a full ala carte menu 7 days a week. Traditional Sunday Lunch and Buffets for parties. Please come and try us out.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Visited this because it was the chosen place for a wedding venue. Lovely people, excellent food and quite good atmoshere. Lost have been done to make this place look as good as it can but still needs a bit of work. It's very hard when you have an old building but to be fair they have done very well.I loved the querky layout but it did nothing for my other half. so you just takes your choice and some will love it I'm sure.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My partner and I decided to pop out for Sunday lunch and have been meaning to book The Roffen via Toptable for quite sometime. It is a private members club and we are not members but being able to book this via Toptable is a great idea.
We booked, we went and we had a great experience.
Sunday lunch menu, 3 courses for £16. The menu was varied and good quality food served beautifully.
The waitress was utterly fantastic and ran the restaurant single handed serving on all tables. Her customer service was second to none and with a lovely bright and cheerful manner.
We shall undoubtably be back to try the evening menu.

2  Thank JFC01
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have eaten at The Roffen countless times and een had a sit-down meal for 120 guests at our wedding here.

My most recent meal was taken from the "3-courses with unlimited wine for £25" offer which is simply outstanding value for money when you consider the quality of food.

To start, I had Lobster Croquettes which were very light & fluffy and packed with flavour. The accompaniment of sweet-chilli jam was a triumph as it worked perfectly with the croquettes with just the right amount of chilli.

For main, I chose roasted duck-breast which I asked to be cooked very rare. It came out cooked exactly to my specification, moist and very pink, and was very flavoursome and served with a great sauce.

Dessert was a panacotta with roasted rhubarb, a dish that was executed perfectly.

The wine that came with the meal was a very easy drinking red, and was offered to us without us having to ask.

Speed of service was perfect, our waitress was friendly, polite and highly professional.

The social membership for the Roffen costs around £80 for the year, access to this restaurant alone is worth the cost.

Where else can you get this standard of food for this price?

1  Thank Jon P
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Roffen is a private members club, but allow Trip Advisor and Toptable customers to try their restaurant out as a promotion.

The meal was very good with nice size portions and plenty of wine on the deal.

Friendly and helpful staff also made the whole experience a pleasurable event.

We will definitely be returning again and also recommending The Roffen to our friends and family.

1  Thank GDC952