“To kill some time”

Hollywood Bowl Rochester
Ranked #1 of 7 Fun & Games in Rochester
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrate in style at Hollywood Bowl Rochester! With state of the art scoring systems, audio-visual technology and glow bowling, be assured we are your number one destination!Fully packed with 24 lanes, all the latest arcades & Hollywood Dinner with freshly prepared gourmet burgers and hot dogs!Book now at Kent's premier entertainment centre!
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We first came here in May for my youngest son's birthday. The children loved it, especially the party bags they got. We've been back several times since, always pre booking on line as it's cheaper. The children love it as there is the mini arcade to play air hockey and swap tickets for prizes! A good way to spend a few hours.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Been here so many times it's hard to keep track! First came here in July and loved it! So much better than AMF/First Bowl or whatever it's now called in the Pentagon in Chatham! The arcade is brilliant, another reason to visit. I've spent a fair amount in that arcade but it's all good fun.
Me and my boyfriend loved it so much we went twice in one weekend!
They do special offers which my friends &I often take advantage of; Friday night special being the main one which includes two games &a drink from the bar for £10 pp. Drinks include standard soft drink, glass of wine, pint of fosters or carlsberg (can't remember which it is) &a pint of ale I think? Absolute bargain in my opinion, often a lot more fun than a trip down to the local pub!
Never had a problem with them, staff have all been friendly/helpful; always there if needed, quick to respond, very polite.
Another bonus; after each visit we've had a 50% off code emailed to us which we've taken advantage of on many occasions! Overall it's a great place to go for a fun day/evening!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We decided to have a family bowling trip as a Halloween night treat this year and we were not disappointed at all,the staff are so helpful and welcoming and although we had bowled in the past so knew how to set up there was someone with us right away to offer any help we needed and it was extremely busy too so that was excellent.

We booked in advance this time but had not taken up any special offers with food or drink as there were 8 of us so we decided to wait and see what we wanted on the night,naturally you get hot so need a drink,they are fairly expensive I think,we had a large coke each and paid just short of £20 for those,we didn't eat there either as the food was also pricey but the service was great with the staff member bringing our drinks over and clearing them away when the glasses were empty.

They have plenty of lanes,all were working and the light patterns they had on were lovely,we only had one hiccup where the pins did not come back down and all we needed to do was press the help button and someone was with us quickly to fix it.

Very pleased with this place overall,the arcade eats a lot of money if you allow it but we let the children play on a few games after bowling and then we left so it wasn't bad.

Everything is on the ground floor so there are no problems with needing a lift to get upstairs and no steps going into the building so access is easy.

The very next day we were emailed an offer to go back at 50% off too and I am sure we will take the offer up,very good bowling alley,enjoyed the music which added to the fun atmosphere and the staff were great too.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ok so I arrived early to eat some food first. Had to wait ages at the bar and eventually a lady arrived and took my order, She apologised for the delay but she was having to "do the lanes too". She took my order and had to call someone on the radio to know how to input it into the till.
I had a burger and chips with the worlds tiniest paper pot of ketchup. Later a friend arrived and she also ordered a burger and at the same time I ordered ice cream. The lady that served me was the same on that took my burger order and she left my change on the counter. My friend got her burger and my ice cream never arrived. As the woman that served me had disappeared I asked the 14 year old (well she looked it) about my ice cream, she denied knowing anything about it and asked for my receipt I explained I wasn’t given one, she then proceeded to ask twice more for my receipt, then demanded I tell her exactly what I paid with a real air of disbelief! I did suggest that she might want to speak to the lady who served me and took my money, she said "I dont know where she is". We eventually the ice cream arrived suffice to say I spoke to the "manager" who clucked appropriately and offered me a "free drink". I did explain to him I was a 58 year old man who didn’t rip venues off for £3.49! When the ice cream arrived it was supposed to be two scoops of ice cream, I assume they used dolls house scoops!
We then moved onto the bowling! We were a group of 15 in three lanes (loads of empty lanes but we were squeezed onto three. The tech was poor as a number of "spares and strikes" were credited due to the machinery knocking down the pins!
The final insult was the total failure of one lane and the last two ends had to be transferred to another lane!
An enjoyable night overall but oh dear I would suggest that Hollywood bowl Rochester needs to employ some staff that know what they are doing AND enough staff to run the place!

1  Thank Hoppityskip
Ian T, General Manager at Hollywood Bowl Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your review, please be assured we take all comments very seriously and seek to make improvements to our business. Sorry to hear of your experience with us, we do do work to ensure our team are fully trained can accomodate simple requests. Since your visit a number of improvements have been made in particular regarding communication at very busy periods. With regards to the scoring, we do have new state of the art system but occasional we do get errors but they are almost few and far between recently as we have worked hard to minimise any problems.

Thanks once again

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The staff are great and so is the light show on the lanes. There were some break-downs which were a little slow in being rectified, due to shortage of staff but everyone was really helpful and apologetic. Will definitely go again.