“Love this place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Capture the Castle
Ranked #14 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Rochester
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Seating
Description: Capture the Castle is a coffee shop within a delightful gift shop in Rochester, Kent. A great spot for a tasty lunch and pleasant conversation.
Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Visit her every Saturday and Sunday we can. Phil & Anke are lovely owners, they take pride in the food they serve and are always very welcoming. It also stocks fabulous gifts and home ideas and Anke has a real stylish eye.
Lovely.

Visited October 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Gets better all the time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

On our recent trip back to our old hometown Rochester, Kent, we once again spent time in Capture the Castle, a gift shop and cafe combined. The food is great, as usual, and you can find that special gift for that special person on the shelves. Philip and Anke are the proprietors and they cater for small groups at a small number of tables in the rear of the shop. Many come to browse and end up staying for lunch or afternoon tea, vowing to return as soon as possible. Capture the Castle will capture your interest and your heart.

• Visited August 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Stylish & unique! Captures the imagination and my pocket!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Capture the Castle is a unique and stylish shop offering stylish individual products sourced from all over Europe. It is refreshing to see this on any Bristish high street as all you seem to get is chain after chain after high street chain.
Now I know Rochester has many unique shops but the goods ranging from clothes to homeware are mostly items bought from big wholesalers in the UK, again no individuality as we see these on other high streets as well! I have also seen many of items on the markets in London which takes the shine off these other so called "unique" shops. Capture the Castle is THE most individual shop on the high street!!!! And all prodcuts are of excellent quality.
The owners are the most welcoming and friendly people, who are always happy to help. I return again and again for gifts, as my friends love the presents I buy them from there. Of course I sometimes treat myself as well.
It is also worth mentioning the coffee shop. Best sandwiches EVER, freshly made to order. I don't even bother buying Coronation chicken or Pastrami from anywhere else now as they don't ever come up to Capture's standard. Oh who am I kidding the whole lunch menu is excellent. The cakes and coffee are second to none and also worth a try for those with a sweet tooth ;-)....!
I have noticed how other coffee shops have tried to copy Capture the Castle which only shows how high the bar is as everyone wants a slice of their success.
I urge anyone to go and visit Capture the Castle....and let it capture you as it has me and my friends.

• Visited July 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing beautiful Gem!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I love Capture the castle, have been popping in since it opened and well my mother is such a regular she has a set table she always goes too.

Owners are the friendlist people I have met, even moving away to Birmingham they still ask me how I am and well I always treat myself to something at their lovely vintage/ boutique shop at the front. The food is always lovely- I always hope there is a bacon and lentil soup each time I go as it is amazing. And what can I say as you walk in and sit down for a drink there is always about 5 cakes and slices staring at you, It would be rude not to try a piece of homemade deleiveried daily cake. Thhumbs up! you must try

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank PossumJenkins
London, England, United Kingdom
“Nice castle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I've been to a lot of tea shops recently but I chose this one to review because it's definitely got the best name. I wanted to come here when I saw it in the street because I like chess and it reminded me of a chess move though you wouldn't really capture a castle you would take it. Also when your a kid you sometimes have a pretend castle so if ever have a tea shop I'll call it take the castle then people won't get confused. Also it probably won't be in Rochester even though Rochester is lovely. It'll be in East London because that's where I live. North East.

So I had a tea and a piece of what I think was definitely home made Victoria sponge which is and has always been my favourite cake. It was smashing and the woman was really nice to me, everything was nice and it was sort of in a shop. The only reason I haven't given it a full 5/5 is that there wasn't that many different cakes to choose from. In fact there were 6. But as i said they had my favourite ever one so for me it is definitely 5/5 but for you maybe 4/5 because you might like a different cake the best.

• Visited October 2012