“Nice place”

Pizza Express - Rochester
Ranked #50 of 138 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

The Pizza Express branch in Rochester is a very well established restaurant with very friendly service, I am told they are improving waiting times for meals. The food was delicious and the fact that you could watch the pizza making process really added to the experience.

Strood, United Kingdom
“Slower than I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My friend and I chose this restaurant as I had noticed a gluten free meal on their menu and, as I have a wheat allergy, I felt relieved that I could choose something straight off the menu and not have to wander in with my own pizza base. We got seated fairly quickly but they then took an age to come and take our orders. Bearing in mind that they were very busy and turning people away and that we had a small child with us, I was amazed that we were just abandoned.
When the food turned up it was very good but the service between courses was again very slow.
Having said that, one of the female members of the staff were excellent with a child that (I think) threw up at the table, reassuring him as well as his mother and boxing their food up so that they could go home. In fact, they were just about to leave when I noticed something was going on and the table was not that far from ours.
This is a good, clean restaurant but if I had a limited amount of time for dinner, I would go somewhere else.

• Visited September 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Not the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Slowest service ever. I initially thought this was because it is a fairly new branch, however I have now eaten there a few times and at each point the service has been very slow.
The food is nice- same as all other pizza expresses, just don't go there if you are in a rush.
Also, good luck phoning them- when we were in there all the staff members ignore the phone so it was constantly ringing!

UK
“Terrible on more than one occasion..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have visited two or three times (against my better judgement) with friends. Each visit has been tedious and frustrating. Friends and I waited 45 minutes for our starters after ordering. After our starter plates were cleared we then waited another 45 minutes for our mains which were cold. Needless to say, I haven't returned since.

• Visited December 2011
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great place for pizza and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I've been to this restaurant several times and the food is the same as any Pizza Express but the building and staff make it worth going back. Being able to book online is a massive bonus. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2012