We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rochester
Orchard Cottage
Ranked #3 of 17 Rochester B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights in July 2012, as we had 2 weddings at Cooling Castle, 2 days in a row! To be honest I was not expecting much as the website doesn't give much away. When we turned up, we were pleasantly surprised. What a lovely couple Sue and Kevin are, they couldn't do enough to help us with our luggage and get us settled in our room. Rooms are great, we had the ground floor room which was huge and a nice new bathroom with a lovely big shower. Breakfast was nice, either help yourselves from the kitchen or pretty much have whatever you wanted cooked for you. Kevin dropped us off and picked us up from Cooling Castle which was perfect for us as there was no hassle with taxis. We were fortunate enough to be blessed with the perfect Summer weather during our stay and the garden is beautiful, so quiet and relaxing. Would recommend this B&B to anyone, what a great find, would definitely come back. I'm hoping people find these reviews on Trip Advisor as Kevin and Sue, your website doesn't do your B&B enough justice!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Becks948

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We don't normally stay at B&B but had been recommended to use this one when attending our sons wedding in Rochester. Having stayed with Kevin & Sue I believe it would be very hard to find another B&B of this standard. From the moment of making the first contact to book, to leaving, Kevin and Sue were excellent hosts and NOTHING was too much trouble for them. Kevin also provided us with a lift to and from the wedding reception, collecting us at close to midnight. From the moment we arrived at the Orchard Cottage late on Thursday to be met with a very friendly welcome Kevin and Sue went the extra mile to ensure our stay was both enjoyable and stress free. I note from some of the other comments about the standard of the breakfast - it was amazing every morning and set you up for the day ahead - extremely tasty and always pipping hot.
A spotless self contained B&B which is great place to stay and highly recommended - many thanks Kevin & Sue for your hospitality and we look forward to returning some time soon. Hope you enjoyed your well earned break in Cornwall.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We recently stayed here for two nights and would recommend it to anyone travelling in the area.

The owners are very friendly and make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. The rooms are comfortable and well fitted out. The breakfasts are so tastey and generous you won't need any lunch. We will definitely be staying here again.

The only little issue I had was that I couldn't pay by credit card. I had to pop out and get cash from the ATM because I didn't have my cheque book with me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a double room which was a good size and spotlessly clean. The shower in the wet room was brilliant but the basin was a bit on the small side and there was no shelf or anywhere to put toiletries etc, the only other slight downside was that there were no drinks facilities in the room itself but you do get use of the kitchen which is very well equipped indeed. We were on the top floor so we didn't bother with a drink until we went to breakfast.
Everything else was superb, the welcome and service were brilliant as were the breakfasts.
I would recommend this B & B to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night in February and highly recommend it. The hosts are extremely pleasant and go out of their way to help when necessary. The rooms are spotless as are the bathrooms and it is the first place I have ever stayed in that supplies toothbrushes which some how impresses me! Kevin will also taxi guests to and from venues if required. There was an excellent choice at breakfast too. If you are considering booking this b&b do so now before someone else does!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were attending a wedding at Cooling Castle Barn and Orchard Cottage was the perfect place to stay. Kevin and Sue made us feel very welcome, were extremely helpful in driving us to and from the wedding and the accommodation was spotless and very comfortable. The breakfast was great too, and all at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here the night before my wedding. From the very visit to take a look at Orchard cottage Kevin and Sue could not do more to help and make me feel welcome. The place is spotless. The beds comfortable the breakfast amazing. The B&B are is self contained so we took it all over and it felt like a home from home.

We were all able to really relax and enjoy the day leading up to the wedding.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone, I could not say what could be done to improve this place, it is perfect!.

If you are looking for somewhere to stay in the area, having a wedding near by or attending a wedding near by then if they have a room free do think twice about booking up with Sue and Kevin.

Great value for money Great couple.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family