“Great food and quick service”
Review of Thai Four Two

Thai Four Two
Ranked #1 of 140 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have been travelling to Rochester with my work for the past 5 weeks, eating in hotels and restaurant chains. I was looking for something a bit different and looked up TripAdvisor to see what was recommended. This place seemed to come highly recommended so I decided to give it a try. It was a cold, wet and windy night and I parked in the town centre car park and walk to the restaurant, arriving around 19.30. It was quiet at this time and I got a table by the window straight away. The place soon started to fill up with couples and larger groups uti lthere were only a couple of tables left.
I had the Chicken Satay skewers for a starter and Thai Green chicken curry with egg fried rice for main. The food came quickly and tasted fantastic. All washed down with a bottle of Thai beer.
Great little restaurant with a nice atmosphere and I'll very likely be back in the New Year when work takes me back to this neck of the woods again.

1  Thank graemej65

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The old Thai for Two across the High Street in Rochester was always very good but the new premises are fantastic. the inside is very welcoming with a slightly raised and covered area off to the right in the main restaurant area which adds a really nice look and feel. Plenty of water features and fish as you would imagine, all complimenting the experience.

The food is still top notch, we had chicken satay and spare ribs to start, followed by Chicken stir fry with ginger, spring onion, peppers and onions with pad thai and tamarind duck. I have to say this is what we have eaten before in Thai for Two but the flavours go so well together its difficult to change!

Staff are very friendly, nothing is too much trouble. Has to be one of the top 2 restaurants in Rochester, sharing with Don Vincenzo's.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We have been to Thai Four Two many times when it was in the smaller location, however four of us went to the new much bigger and spacious restaurant in Rochester High Street last night and as always the choice, quality, taste and portion sizes of each dish is fantastic, also I am a strict vegetarian and it is so nice to have such a choice of dishes to choose from, not to mention the waiters and waitresses are always very polite, helpful, attentive and never rush you. The new restaurant is very nicely decorated and tables are not cramped like some restaurants we have been to. Overall for location, quality, choice, service and price I would highly recommend Thai Four Two!

1  Thank claire s
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was my first visit to the new premises, just across the road from the old site where we have dined many times before.
The restauarant is very modern (compared to the old one), nice decor and neatly arranged, a bit sparkly with water features and, near enough, all on one level (which must make it much easier for the staff).
As usual the staff were friendly and welcoming, the service and food were good but to me, not quite as good as previous visits and the portions were certainly smaller.
To sum up it is a very nice restaurant, still the best Thai food in Medway, but not as quaint as the old place!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This restaurant went from closed when we passed by at 5.30 on a Saturday night to absolutely packed by 6.15. they just about managed to accommodate us so long as we were finished by 8. The menu includes everything you would expect of a Thai restaurant and the food was tasty, service friendly and surroundings pleasant (nice water features!). It was averagely priced. A good Thai restaurant but I suspect the extent of the popularity is more about there not being other Thais rather than it being exceptional.

1  Thank beeza1