“Restaurant moved, but as good as ever”
Review of Thai Four Two

Thai Four Two
Ranked #2 of 137 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rochester
“Restaurant moved, but as good as ever”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The restaurant has moved to the other side of the High Street, but the food and service are as good as ever.

The new premises look good and they have clearly spent a lot of time and money on the new decor.

Rochester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worst Thai in kent”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Recently I went to this Thai restaurant with my friends, I thought I would have a delicious meal as I read many reviews saying that the food there was good.

The environment is pleasant but I was so disappointed with the food and my noodle plate was full of dirty finger prints which made me feel sick. I ordered the hot &spicy beef, but it was not spicy at all. Eating this dish was like swimming in the Dead Sea as it was so salty. I told the waitress it was so salty. Without an apology, but she said she would make new one for me. Within 2 minutes she came back with the dish. I thought that was quick but soon I realised they just put some water in the dish and it still tasted like sea water plus the beef was chewy and the noodles were sticky.
I have lived in Thailand for 8 years. This was the worst food I have ever tasted. I will never go there again nor will my friends.

1 Thank jh666_p
thai42, Manager at Thai Four Two, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment. Apologies for your unpleasant experience at our restaurant. We will take consideration for improvement but one thing that we can guaranteed is that there was definitely no 'dirty finger prints' on any of our dishes. As we checked every single of our dishes before we served the customer.

A lot people who lived or travelled in Thailand probably knows that Thai main dishes is complement to have with either rice or noodle. Food are cooked to be served with rice or noodle. If only have the main dish on it own the food would be either too 'salty' 'too sweet' or 'too spicy'.

Once again thank you very much for your comment.
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Went for lunch and ordered off the budget lunch menu. It was gorgeous, presentation was fantastic and so tasty. Best thai i have had!! Wasn't rushed, staff were friendly. All together a lovely lunch.

1 Thank kirstclare
gillingham
“Enjoyable food”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited the new location for this restaurant, we were impress with the decor. The food and the service were excellent. The presentation of the starter were amazing (King Feast) We ordered two main dishes, rice and pad thai noodle for two. We found the portions just right. The pricing of food was reasonable and the bill was cheaper then we thought.

4 Thank 64jenny68
“Thai for Two Rochester high street”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Our first vist to the new location just over the road from the old place.food was excellent staff brill and the decour off the new home was terrific. Pricing for food and drink was very acceptable. Beer could be a little colder. Would recamemmend to any Lovers of Tai food

Visited September 2013