“Friendly &ngood value for money”
Review of West View House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadstairs
West View House
Ranked #24 of 24 Broadstairs B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 2, 2008

Lovely friendly family, comfortable clean & modern facilities, wifi, powershower, reasonable price, excellent breakfast. Can cater for special diets

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank yogini2
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We stayed at West House 3 times within a few months, 2005-6, and the price went up from £55 on our first stay to £60 on our second and £65 on our third - all within a few months. I see now that the room we had is £78, exactly 2 years later. I agree with the reviewer who thought the owners stingy - we were not informed on the second price rise in advance and had to remind Lynne that she already had £5 of ours that she couldn't give us in change the previous time. The room was good and so was the breakfast but I think the owners are a bit greedy and we decided never to return.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank YohoBoho
Reviewed August 1, 2007

I saw this B&B advertised on a website. It quoted a price for a double room. I rang up to book and was told that the price was different (more expensive) but that the room and en suite bathroom were so great that the price was excellent value. I booked the room and sent a deposit.

We stayed at the B&B. It was ok (the bathroom was not that great!)
though it is out of town and also when we came in on our second evening the heating had been put up to about 30 degrees C which made for an uncomfortable night as it took ages to cool down once we had asked the owners to turn it down (this was June and unseasonably hot weather anyway).

When we left I was in the car while my partner went to pay. He was charged more than I had been quoted. I queried this with the owners when I got home thinking perhaps the owner had forgotten about the deposit. My query was by email and it took 2 weeks for me to get a reply. When it came it said that they had made a mistake and would reimburse me.

Two weeks after that a cheque arrived – for HALF the amount that was owed to us. I emailed again and pointed this out, and received a sarcastic reply which basically said I was being mean, but which promised to send another cheque. This never arrived.

4 weeks later I emailed again asking where the cheque was and received another sarcastic and quite aggressive reply which also said I could expect a cheque in the next few days. We’ll see if it arrives.

All we wanted to do was pay the price we had been quoted. I accept that mistakes are made but this was a terrible experience and I would recommend this place to no one!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
10  Thank roxanne121
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadstairs
The Botany Bay Hotel
#12 of 24 in Broadstairs
The Devonhurst
The Devonhurst
#4 of 24 in Broadstairs

Been to West View House? Share your experiences!