“GETS BETTER AND BETTER”
Review of East Horndon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadstairs
East Horndon
Ranked #4 of 24 Broadstairs B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is our third year staying at the East Horndon and it did not disappoint. Wendy and Geoff as usual were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for them. The room was immaculate as ever and everything there to make our weekend stay enjoyable. The breakfast "is to die for" and I must have put on a few extra pounds! When they found out that it was my birthday - while we were out of our room they laid on a lovely complimentary bottle of wine chilled in a mini fridge which they put in the room - Thank you so much.... I have already booked the room ready for next years birthday celebrations.

Room Tip: No swimming pool but right overlooking the sea... perfect
2  Thank Catherine R

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We spent six wonderful nights at East Horndon in June 2013. We received a warm welcome from Geoff and Wendy. The rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful as well. Our room with a balcony was spacious, spotless, and very well appointed. They thought of everything - right down to the bookmarks provided for when we put down our books and simply enjoyed the fabulous view.
A convenient five minute stroll to the town, but far enough away from any traffic noise. Excellent breakfast, accompanied by very cheerful service.
Highly recommended!

2  Thank KevandLea
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stay one night 26 June 2013 first time at this hotel wonderful nice clean rooms wonder landlady fantastic breakfast great location excellant will use this hotel in future for our over night stays in Breadstairs

Room Tip: stayed in room 6 not a sea view
2  Thank Colin G
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much. Wendy, Geoff and their staff were very friendly and helpfull. Our room wirh balcony overlooking the sea was spacious, lovely refurbished and spotless clean. Absolutely recommendable. The Location ist quiet with marvellous views but also only a 3 minutes walk into town.

Room Tip: The rooms with balcony ont he first floor are superb.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladybird003
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have stayed at the East Horndon many times over the past six years; well situated with two-minute access to Stoine Bay beach, just far enough from the town centre to keep the passing traffice at a minimum, while close enough to be on Viking Beach or int the pubs and restaurents of the town within five minutes. Wendy and Jeff are attentive hosts, and they employ the perfect waitresses to serve up the best breakfast you could ask for. The rooms are perfect - clean, confortable, well appointed, and those at the front have unbeatable views. They provide excellent value for their five-star service, and that is why you invariably find the "No Vacancies" sign up when you arrive; satisfied visitors make repeat visits, and spread the word about this ... well, "B-and-B" doesn't do it justice, so let's call it "home from home".

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have the best sea views, but all rooms, even the smaller ones, provide a perfect...
1  Thank MikeDeller
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I visited Broadstairs for a surprise birthday party over the bankholiday,and decided to stay for a few days, I'm so glad I did. Geoff met me at the front door and collected my case from the car and took it to my room,where Wendy greeted me a few minutes later with a tray of tea and buscuits. The room and bathroom were spotless, tea making supplies, a large bottle of still water (which was replaced daily although not empty) and two lots of hand and bath towels although I was a single traveller. The breakfast was perfection and a first for me was skinned fresh tomatoes ! I had emailed two requests, a newspaper and unsalted butter, which were placed beside me the moment I sat down by a very cheerful and efficent young lady.
I booked in March and had asked for a balcony room, but I learnt from Geoff that they are at such a premium the guests re organise their holiday dates to acquire one! this was verified by a couple who were staying for ten days and had "missed out". I would recommend EastHorndon to everyone, safe in the knowledge that they will not be disappointef

Room Tip: Book well in advance to get a front room with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just returned from Broadstairs and our fourth stay at East Horndon. I'm suprised that I haven't already written a review as it's such a lovely place to stay. The rooms are great, well equipped, comfy, warm and with some good views out to sea. The breakfast was perfect, a good choice of cereals, fruit and a very tasty and fresh fry up (is that a paradox?). The people that run it are lovely, friendly and welcoming (being asked if you'd like a cup of tea on arrival is a great way to start your stay). The guest house is right by Stone beach so it's nice way to begin the day with a walk on the beach before the aforementioned fresh fry up! It's also very convenient to get to the main area of shops and restaurants which are just 5 minutes walk away. On our first visit there when the children were much younger I asked them if they wanted to go back to the house along the beach or take the spooky way home! They of course opted for the latter (along the dimly lit path by Bleak house). Now returning there years later as somewhat sullen and cynical teenagers, they asked me on our first night "Can we go the spooky way home?" Try it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family