“Quality if food is good”
Review of Wyatt & Jones

Wyatt & Jones
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An independent, family owned British restaurant situated on the edge of Viking Bay, Broadstairs. We serve Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
“Quality if food is good”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We went on Bank Holiday Sunday restaurant reasonably busy. The staff are well trained we were dissapointed with the cost of a Sunday lunch and the portion size for the vegetables. We mentioned about the portion size of the vegetables and we were told we could have asked for more, I can't help feeling that we should have just been told that we could ask for more vegetables. We will try anther time & try other than the Sunday menu

• Visited May 2013

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant in broadstairs so far!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have tried breakfast , lunch, dinner, afternoon tea and Sunday roast in the last few months they have been open.

The food is homemade and looks amazing and menu choices are well thought out. I have taken my children here in the day and had romantic meals here in the evening and it caters for both.

I have noticed they have listened to the grumblings about the coffee cups which are now bigger and perfect size at breakfast.
I have also noticed some comments on small portion sizes ! which I can't disagree with more! Some of the portions are huge especially the mussels and the Wyatt breakfast.
If you want good quality food go here. I return at least once a week and it never fails.

Broadstairs
“New Restaurant”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Visited Saturday evening with friends. Warmly greeted with coats being taken before shown to our table. A tasty but limited menu. I had slow roast pork with smoky mash, the chiefs own invention, it was very tasty. We all agreed that we would like to try it for lunch. The meal came to £80 per couple so slightly on the toppy side. The service was excellent with knowledgeable staff.

Kent
“Huge Potential - Small Portions - Tiny Coffee Cups”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We came here the week after it opened for dinner and have since been back for just coffee and again for breakfast. Each time we have really enjoyed the food, drink and surrounds. However, I agree with majority of reviews - they really do need to loosen up on the portion control and not count out every potato that makes its way from the chef's pass. People want quality, but they also want to have the option of whether they will be able to finish their food, not internal panic they might want a bag of crisps on the way home. A free slice of that homemade bread (that sits there staring at you all night) on arrival (aka Age & Sons in Ramsgate and many London restaurants while you're at it) wouldn't half inspire some goodwill and promise for the meal ahead. Besides, giving people a token slice of carbs would also enable them to serve those small portions without people noticing so much - it could be a win-win for everybody. Oh and a few side options for the mains could address this problem too.

And lastly, those (now infamous) tiny coffee cups have really got to go - just too small by normal standards. Last time I checked, a cappuccino was not served in an espresso cup, nor was a latte for that matter.

But portions aside, the quality is there and the restaurant is a really nice addition to the high street. They just had better use their loaf (no pun intended) and make the necessary changes.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lucy A
Barnet
“Breakfast”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We decided to try this new restaurant for breakfast. As the only people in there initially, we were somewhat surprised that it took so long to prepare one 'full' english breakfast and a bowl of porridge. We had very nearly finished the (very small) coffees we ordered before it arrived, despite the presence of four people at least in the open kitchen and, as mentioned, no competition on the customer front. Although I would not fault the quality of the food ingredients, the cooked breakfast was simply mean; one rasher of bacon, a fried egg and a sausage, with an enormous tomato half. I'm afraid we just left feeling a bit cheated. The Albion up the road serves a much better breakfast and we will be returning there the next time. Other reviewers have said that W&J needs to sharpen up its act; I can only agree.

1 Thank SimbaBarnet