“My favourite restaurant in broadstairs so far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wyatt & Jones

Wyatt & Jones
Ranked #2 of 136 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Cuisines: Gastropub, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An independent, family owned British restaurant situated on the edge of Viking Bay, Broadstairs. We serve Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant in broadstairs so far!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have tried breakfast , lunch, dinner, afternoon tea and Sunday roast in the last few months they have been open.

The food is homemade and looks amazing and menu choices are well thought out. I have taken my children here in the day and had romantic meals here in the evening and it caters for both.

I have noticed they have listened to the grumblings about the coffee cups which are now bigger and perfect size at breakfast.
I have also noticed some comments on small portion sizes ! which I can't disagree with more! Some of the portions are huge especially the mussels and the Wyatt breakfast.
If you want good quality food go here. I return at least once a week and it never fails.

Broadstairs
“New Restaurant”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Visited Saturday evening with friends. Warmly greeted with coats being taken before shown to our table. A tasty but limited menu. I had slow roast pork with smoky mash, the chiefs own invention, it was very tasty. We all agreed that we would like to try it for lunch. The meal came to £80 per couple so slightly on the toppy side. The service was excellent with knowledgeable staff.

Kent
“Huge Potential - Small Portions - Tiny Coffee Cups”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We came here the week after it opened for dinner and have since been back for just coffee and again for breakfast. Each time we have really enjoyed the food, drink and surrounds. However, I agree with majority of reviews - they really do need to loosen up on the portion control and not count out every potato that makes its way from the chef's pass. People want quality, but they also want to have the option of whether they will be able to finish their food, not internal panic they might want a bag of crisps on the way home. A free slice of that homemade bread (that sits there staring at you all night) on arrival (aka Age & Sons in Ramsgate and many London restaurants while you're at it) wouldn't half inspire some goodwill and promise for the meal ahead. Besides, giving people a token slice of carbs would also enable them to serve those small portions without people noticing so much - it could be a win-win for everybody. Oh and a few side options for the mains could address this problem too.

And lastly, those (now infamous) tiny coffee cups have really got to go - just too small by normal standards. Last time I checked, a cappuccino was not served in an espresso cup, nor was a latte for that matter.

But portions aside, the quality is there and the restaurant is a really nice addition to the high street. They just had better use their loaf (no pun intended) and make the necessary changes.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lucy A
Barnet
“Breakfast”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We decided to try this new restaurant for breakfast. As the only people in there initially, we were somewhat surprised that it took so long to prepare one 'full' english breakfast and a bowl of porridge. We had very nearly finished the (very small) coffees we ordered before it arrived, despite the presence of four people at least in the open kitchen and, as mentioned, no competition on the customer front. Although I would not fault the quality of the food ingredients, the cooked breakfast was simply mean; one rasher of bacon, a fried egg and a sausage, with an enormous tomato half. I'm afraid we just left feeling a bit cheated. The Albion up the road serves a much better breakfast and we will be returning there the next time. Other reviewers have said that W&J needs to sharpen up its act; I can only agree.

1 Thank SimbaBarnet
London, United Kingdom
“A Great family meal”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Easter Sunday lunch at Wyatt and Jones was excellent, a table for 14 right in the window fantastic view across the beach and the sea. Our table of 14 was 8 adults and 6 children we had some great starters anchovy toast, brawn and pickles and some excellent oysters, then onto roast dinner with all the trimmings, the beef was thickly sliced and perfectly rare, crispy spuds and an enormous Yorkshire pud, extra veg and extra gravy was no problem. Puds we had a super moist beetroot chocolate brownie, bread and butter pudding and loads of custard. Service was fast and friendly and the espresso to finish was rich, dark and had a fantastic crema. Definitely my best restaurant experience in Broadstairs by a mile.

• Visited March 2013