“Won't be a regular!”
Review of Paolo's Kitchen - CLOSED

Paolo's Kitchen
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are family run business situated in the heart of Deal with a unique atmosphere in a famous Pub, The Hole in the Roof. We cater for all occasions, birthday parties, engagements , baby showers , retirements,graduations,weddings, of any small or ,large parties . We have now been established since 2011 and have built up a portfolio of outstanding reputation throughout Kent for our authentic cuisine . Please visit us in Deal Many thanks Chef/owner Paolo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Atmosphere was nice, plenty of people and decor was attractive.
Unfortunately, the restaurant was so hot and we came out stinking of oil and deep fried food-totally gross. Ever heard of ventilation? I can't understand how people enjoy to sit in this when the food is mediocre.
Food: OK. Food looked nice but tasted bland.
Won't be going back which is a real shame seeing as I heard such good things about this place and dragged my friends in.

petkov11, Owner at Paolo's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

I appologise . Dear sir / madam I am sorry to hear you did not have a great night at Paolo's . We have heard about ventilation it does get very hot from the kitchen as it's a small open area restaurant . I am doing my best to find out the best for ventilation system before buying something inappropriate for the premises ,but stay assure we know that is a huge problem and we wanted sorted ASAP . About the food I always incourage people to say or wright what they had that they didn't fancy so we can improve it rather writing that our food is average and mediocre having tasted only one of our items on the menu . Thank you for your time . And I hope you can make it to Paolo's again .

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Was invited by friends for a group meal.... I was expecting a really low key place.... And was really pleased to find an unpretentious buzzing restaurant, with charm and personality.
Food was great, I looked at the burgers and meat dishes and fancied all of them but stayed vegetarian!
The food, for most dishes came out in wooden chopping boards, which was quirky, rustic and charming.
The bill arrived and we were amazed at what value for money it is.
Would I / we eat there again? Yes! Definitely!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Small and friendly. Food is fab, can take your own booze, which makes the price very affordable. Love it!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very busy, the food took a long time and when it came it was nothing special. A burger and chips is a burger and chips even if it is on a wooden board. Warm burger, sloppy chip, not what I was expecting. Expensive burger, not for me again! The ice cream was served in a tub, not even in a plate, sloppy generally.
Not value for money.

1  Thank martyn h
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Induced by our beef mad son, we have been trawling around London to find the best burger - we nip down to the coast for a day and find a real contender at Broadstairs - we just loved it..