“Excellent. Yum yum yum.”
Review of Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea
Ranked #29 of 140 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: This is a fish & chips shop offering both takeaway and eat-in with some tables inside and outside.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Staff cheery and friendly, food delicious and came in sturdy boxes so no greasy paper flapping around all over clothes while eating by the sea. Can't recommend enough.

1  Thank Ruby S

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have sampled the fish and chips shops of Broadstairs extensively but the meal we had was good the fish was properly cooked and not greasy which is something the F&C shop where i live can't seem to manage. The chips were surprisingly good, I prefer my chips to be well cooked and firm. These looked limp and soggy but they were very tasty and has changed my prejudice.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I live here and we have many fish n chip shops to choose from. This is by far and away the best local fish n chips i have tasted. The fish batter was light enough to be tempura, and it was a good chunk of haddock. My friend from the north commented on the fantastic range of fish available- even skate! Chips were beautifully cooked too, and it was clear that the young man and his mother who own it, are passionate about getting it right.

2  Thank decolady20
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family and I were really looking forward to a fish and chip meal at this shop, however this was not to be! The small cod that I had ordered amounted to 10 percent fish,90 percent batter! The batter looked decidedly unappetizing and I decided to leave it! Our other meals were very greasy and again unappetizing!
When my wife politely mentioned this to the person preparing the food, her comments were met with hostility. When she proffered payment her change was almost thrown across the counter!
Needless to say we will not be using this shop again!!

4  Thank William H
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Really nice place on main high street to beach, They cook in rapseed oil so oldies like me on a low fat diet can enjoy some freshly cooked fish and chips with all the extras if you want. Try them and see what I mean