“disappointed”

surrey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“disappointed”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Be warned you have to take your own towels. Not told when booked.You are charged for robes which only fit size 10s slippers not bagged. You have to walk through cafe in ill fiting robes to spa,
Paid for waxing and had to re do when home. Swedish massage inconsistant I was given head massage my friend wasn't.
Never experienced any other spa where any of this has happened.
Would not reccommend

Visited September 2013
2 Thank mumsurrey

Ramsgate
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Immaculate Manicure of the worst possible kind”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Treatment was given by the girl called Shayle. WOW! I mean, seriously, I do have words... £33 for one hour treatment. Supposed to give me a luxurious experience. Treatment lasted 35 minutes. They DO NOT remove cuticles. Why? "But if I'll remove your cuticles, dirt will get under your nails", she said... She slapped some scrub and rubbed it extremely clumsily, asked me to go to the bathroom to wash my hands. Half-heartedly pushed some cuticles back, slapped some oil, rubbed (not massaged, RUBBED), slapped nail varnish - literally! I ended up with purple nail varnish all around my nails. Girl could not handle a nail filer, leave alone any other tool. My nails look worse than they did before that 'immaculate manicure'. The saddest thing - she is probably the only bad therapist there, but I won't come again at all, for anything. Unacceptable level of service.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Inna C
England
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We took advantage of the day-spa package and returned to Bannatyne's Broadstairs facility as it is a little closer to home than Ashford and has the added advantage of the outdoor pool and relaxation room with heated recliner beds.

Unfortunately the experience was definitely not up to our previous visits. There is now a £3.00 charge to hire gown and slippers - the gown clearly being very old and tatty and the slippers evidently not new (they are meant to be disposable but I suspect they get recycled if they're returned to reception). No towels are provided. Reception staff were less welcoming than usual and other members of staff were abrupt bordering on plain rude.

There are notices everywhere you look in this facility, even multiple signs saying the same thing fixed right next to eachother. There were tannoy announcements - no phones to be used, no bags to be taken to the pool are etc and we were reprimanded for leaving our towels on the sunloungers and for trying to take our bags to the sunlounger area - bags with book/goggles/water bottle/towel; things that you would reasonably want with you on a "spa day". On more than one occaision we were made to feel like an inconvenience rather than valued customers.

The overall appearance of the pool area is tired & slightly grimey - limescale built up and stained walls/ceiling/surfaces which are in need of a deep clean.

The staff in the spa itself were friendly and I had a very nice massage however this establishment is clearly trying to make profit from the everyday gym members as well as selling itself as a "spa facility" and certainly falling down on the latter. The luxury element is definitely missing and we will try returning to Ashford or avoiding Bannatynes altogether next time.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank If_only_I_were_rich
Broadstairs
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Children”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We paid £1100 for a years membership and to enjoyed the outside pool more than anything else. On three different occasions we heard the sales rep responsible for new bookings saying to prospective clients "Don't worry, the kids are not always here". Young chap clearly sucking up to new clients. My children have always been very quiet whilst most members sit in the spa/jacuzzi . Will not be joining again

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Antony W
Orpington, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent Day Spa!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We used a gift spa-day experience voucher at Broadstairs because it was about an hour from where we live by car, and chose the Sunday of the August BH weekend. The venue has ample parking; is near a huge Tesco; and is also about 15 minute walk to a large shopping complex with a range of places to eat and shop. We had use of the 'dual' room where I had a 1-hour massage, whereas my wife had 30 minutes of massage and 30 minutes facial. The lighting was down low with candles and ambient music making us feel very relaxed before the treatment even began. We were also dressed the part in fluffy dressing downs and slippers. There was also a 'relaxation room' which had reclining 'seat's that were tiled but also heated underneath that were just dreamy to lie down on.

The treatments themselves were great, and before long my mind was wondering into its own world of drifting in/out of consciousness as Amy worked her way through my knots and aching muscles, back, shoulders, arms and legs. I completely lost track of the time and it was the first time that I'd had a massage whilst someone else had been in the same room at the same time; but Hayley also did a great relaxing job on my other half. After the hour was complete we returned to those relaxation loungers and read some magazines whilst sipping ice-cool lemon-infused water.

We briefly used the ~20m indoor and ~20m outdoor pools. It being a nice day it was more pleasant to be swimming in the open air, and the pool must have been slightly heated! Very nice to be sitting on a sun-lounger reading a book by the pool when it was only an hour's drive from London!

Definitely recommend treating oneself and a friend to a spa day and the Broadstairs venue is one that I would recommend.

Visited August 2012