“Outstanding food with a beautiful view”

The Charles Dickens Copperfields Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Charles Dickens Copperfields Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 135 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food with a beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have had some amazing meals at this restaurant but recently went there for a family meal for fathers day. The service was excellent as always, the staff are incredibly friendly and cater for all needs. The food was exquisite, i myself had lobster and crab linguine from the specials board and would highly recommend it. We were sat by the window and had the beautiful view of Broadstairs seafront whilst eating our meal. I have friends down this weekend from London and will definitely be treating them to a visit to the Charles Dickens!

2 Thank Natalie R

• Turkish first
Kent, UK
“Excellent Food and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

We have just had another wonderful meal at The Charles Dickens on Sunday. Four of us went for lunch at the restaurant on the first floor. We had a wonderful table overlooking the sea and straight away the Maître d' came over with the wine list and menus, wine was ordered while we spent some time perusing the menu. So many great dishes it's hard to decide which, we finally made our choices and when the starters arrived we were impressed as always, quality and presentation shines through. For mains I had mussels, my partner the steak, one friend had the special of linguine with king prawns and squid and another had the mixed roast, which I have to say is huge, in fact even he couldn't finish it. We visit quite regularly and I can honestly say it is one of my favourite restaurants in Broadstairs.

1 Thank Gina H
London, United Kingdom
“A good all round place to eat and drink.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had lunch with 4 friends at The Charles Dickens on Sunday June 15th. One of my friends had booked a table overlooking the sea which was lovely. The menu is good with a large selection of foods to suit all tastes. All 6 of us had a different main course and we all enjoyed eating it. There is a good wine menu with reasonable house wines and a dearer selection. The service was very good, I could not fault it. There is a flight of stairs leading up to the restaurant, useful to know for people with mobility difficulties.
My husband and I had spent the previous evening in the bar area with a bottle of wine as there was a live band which was most enjoyable.

1 Thank Donna W
chatsworth
“Charles Dickens pub Broadstairs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I eat there at least twice a week, downstairs in the bar. Outstanding food and service. Yesterday we went upstairs for a more formal lunch. Tuesday 10th June. We arrived at one. Upstairs is quiet and pretty, beautiful sea views. All was wonderful except our waitress. She had dark hair, unkempt. Mt 27 year old daughter in law, visiting from Los Angeles, asked very sweetly for green tea. Waitress abruptly responded. We are out! My friend. Equally politely asked was it possible to find her just one tea bag. Waitress responded. If we had a tea bag I'd have given it to her! We were all embarrassed and seriously felt like leaving. She was in attentive, cold and couldn't give a damn about us. A potentially special day could have been totally ruined by a lousy, rude opinionated waitress. Please get rid of her. We are frequent customers we live locally and love your pub and it's quality food. Awful experience. Waiters and waitresses are absolutely crucial and play a major part in making an evening a please or NOT! Please take some action here, I never write reviews so you can see the impact this young female had on us. No smiles, no did you enjoy no recommendation just sour and rude. Thank you. This was 1pm yesterday. My name is Vanessa bates. My no 01843861439. 1 prospect mews, prospect road, Broadstairs. Kent. Ct10 1lq. I would like to hear back from your manager.

6 Thank nessiChatsworth
London
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Popped into The Charles Dickens when going through Broadstairs for some Sunday lunch. It had a good tripadvisor rating which swayed our selection however when we arrived it seemed to be more Toby Carvery than upmarket Gastro Pub. However we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. We both opted for Sirloin steak which came with a huge flatbed mushroom, grilled cherry toms still on the vine, hand cut chips, onion rings and salad. All were good quality, very nicely cooked and tasty. You won't be disappointed by the size of the meals which were generous and good value for money throughout. I would definitely consider coming here again if in Broadstairs. Even though we visited when it was busy I found the staff members to be particularly helpful and nice without being at all pushy.

1 Thank SmileyAJ