“Awesome” 4 of 5 bubbles

Description: http://www.bizwiki.co.uk/cafes/190784/chiappinis.htm
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Ice cream of every flavour, cakes, milk shakes or just a good old cuppa.Service is good ,decor is a true ice cream parlour,with views over the pier and beach,sit outside in the sun or inside from the breeze of the English channel......

Visited October 2012

UK
“fantastic italian icecream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice retro parlour, delicious ice-cream - unusual flavours too - green apple etc. A happy 30 mins in here.

Visited August 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Owner needs to consider another line of work”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Basil Fawlty is now running a gelato shop in Broadstairs. He snarled and reprimanded our 2-family group when we attempted to pull together two tables in his empty restaurant. We did him a favour and left. He obviously prefers the place when he is not bothered by customers. One of our group noted that the coffee was also thin and miserable.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VS3-seattle
London
“great gelato ice cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

great gelato - the hazelnut is my favourite.
there are 2 shops for chiappinis. one on the main clifftop promenade near the harbour, the other in the town behind the Charles dickens pub.

Visited August 2012
Broadstairs, Kent, UK
“Nice view, great Ice Cream, shame about the rest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

As part of our 'do local' mini pledge, this week we thought we would sample this cliff top delight overlooking Viking bay. Did not go there eat, but thought we would get some coffees in and sample from the range of Ice creams on a bustling summer Saturday morning. I went in while my partner took a cliff top seat with our trustee dog. There was only three customers customers at the counter but the four or so staff appeared totally overwhelmed. The guy in front of me was ordering for four but counter staff seemed like headless chickens to accommodate. The woman behind me seemed to be trying to order a quiche, but Mr customer service devoid did not seem to understand her and was making very evident. I ordered a Latte, and asked for a decaff for my partner - "sorry we sold out" what ? This is supposed to be primary a coffee bar !? So I ordered a Cappachino instead. While one staff member was taking ages making my coffees, I was asked by someone else what I wanted, meanwhile a queue was building behind the lady who finally managed to get a quiche. £4.50 for two regular coffees. Coffee was ok, so we decided to get some Ice creams from the outside counter. She had the green apple slush, I had the pistachio, and the coffee double cornet, costing another £4.50. Green slush seemed devoid of any taste other than frozen sugar water. The ice cream proper was very good though. So to summarise - two coffees, two ice creams, dire service, great view, for £9.50.

• 3 of 5 bubbles