“A good customer lost!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“A good customer lost!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

To quote the manager, I had received an appalling meal. He was very kind but the rudeness of one waitress and the disgusting muck churned out by the kitchen (allowed to then be served to a customer) means that there are serious problems here. Beautiful setting but I will never eat or stay here again. I advise others to eat at the Italian next door or take a trip to The Maharajah in Herne Bay - outstanding food and service!

1 Thank Astute2

London, United Kingdom
“Awful Lunch Experience”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Visited the Royal Albion in Broadstairs with family for lunch last week, determined not to order the fish and chips which were a disappointment on the last visit as half of the batter covered no fish at all and chips were dry. This time We ordered Thai chicken cakes and were presented with 4 thin grey slices of something I would not even give my cat. We just stared at our plate gobsmacked but we had two small children with us eager to get down on the beach after a long drive from London, so we did not send them back. How we all wished we had though as we are still sharing this disastrous meal in the telling of it to friends. We certainly shall not be returning ever!

Also if you are sitting down to eat outside, all drinks are served in plastic cups and a glass of wine was poured into a one pint plastic tumbler!!

The Williams Family.

1 Thank Hannah W
London, United Kingdom
“Nasty lunch”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had lunch here when out for the day. Ploughmans at £11.95 consisted of stale bread dried out pickled onion and gherkin, a dried up quarter of a tomato and quarter of apple. Everything on the plate looked like it had been left out all day or longer. My daughter ordered fish and chips, the fish was full of bones and not the usual nice white colour fish. The batter was white and soggy. Most disappointing.

1 Thank Anita W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“folk week lunch disapointment!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

on a busy Monday during folk week my partner and our baby daughters stopped here for a bite to eat. To say I was disappointed with my "thai chicken cakes" would be an understatement! So much so in fact I sent them back as they were dried out beyond all belief! I was offered a replacement which was better but they just tasted like processed chicken roll with a few herbs chucked in... I did not eat them and was left hungry and disappointed!

Also when heading to use the toilets, you just had to follow your nose as the stench was horrific! I understand its a busy time for them but the whole of the hotel reception area leading down to both the toilets and dining areas reeked like an inner city urinal on the hottest day of the year!

VILE!!!!!

1 Thank Tallie37
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food in a great setting looking out to sea”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I went to Broadstairs for paddle and a splash about with our three year old grand daughter. We decided to eat at Ballards Bar at the Royal Albion and sit on the Terrace. We ordered three rounds of ham sandwiches with chutney, with side orders of cheesy chips and garlic bread. The food came incredibly quickly and the service was excellent.

• Visited August 2013