“Great food at a good price.”
Review of Aqua 43

Aqua 43
Ranked #8 of 139 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013

First time my husband and I have been to this restaurant but will not be the last. We both had fish and chips freshly cooked and served by friendly staff. Tartar sauce was served in a bowl and not the silly little sachets. The restaurant is licenced so we both had drinks (all bottled) and finished off with fab deserts. The bill came to about £24 which we thought was good value given the quality of the food. The decor is enhanced by clever lighting which adds to the calm and friendly atmosphere. Can't wait to go again.

There are newer reviews for Aqua 43

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Firstly came here for breakfast. Very clean and tidy. The restaurant has a 1950s flair to it having kept the wonderful art deco windows. Beautifully decorated with a sparkle ceiling i expect replicating the sea. Young lady served us, who we later found out to be the daughter. Very lovely girl with a friendly smile. This is something we dont see all the time. All ages welcome and sat comfortably. I ordered a vegetarian breakfast of Tomatoes (fresh), Mushrooms, lovely chestnut on two generous portions of toast along with a cappacino. My daughter had the same with beans. My husband had the full english. All were generous and well made. Glass of coke, i thought a little pricey, i think £2.20 but it was a glass bottle. Not a cheap breakfast but worth every penny. We returned on Sunday for the Sunday lunch. Very good value, again we opted for the vegetarian option which was a pie. The pie was large and would have served two people. My husband had the roast beef. Again, we were served by a young man who told us he was the son. It was so nice to be served in a family owned restaurant where everyone mucked in and enjoyed their jobs. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent service and quality of food and good price.
Restaurant was clean and very welcoming
Would definately good back

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Sunday Lunch is a tricky game to play. The window is usually 2 - 3 hours between 12.30 & 3pm and if you arrive later or half way through you can usually forget it.
I decided to phone ahead and check after seeing good reviews of Aqua 43, VERY conveniently they were serving lunch all day till 6pm - Great!
Its not normally where i would dine for sunday lunch as it is a cafe type style inside. Friendly waitress was very nice and we ordered two starters. They arrived very nice, except garlic mushrooms would be nice served with a garlic mayonnaise as opposed to the plain one provided. The prawn cocktail was plentiful and went down well.
Our roasts arrived and they were great! Really impressed the potatoes were amazing and i saw that they also do homemade chips which i bet are delicious! I had a lovely vegetable pie which was huge, just plain simple good food. My partner had loads of meat which he loved, not like these places where you pay double and get one slither of meat. It was a real mans dinner.
Being such Sunday Lunch Pros we ordered extra potatoes for 85p amazing! But they were not needed, so many places give you half a potato or a small handful of poorly roasted pots - NOT here at Aqua 43!
We decided to push the boat out and both had a desert again lovely.
We wanted to go back the next day but thought it would look 'sad'. Also we noticed they take dogs and were gutted we had left our two behind! A great place and I cant wait to go back.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Friendly and clean. Lovely food, fish is always cooked fresh. Nice roast dinners and salads too. Recommend for families.