“I'm so disappointed”

Cuisines: Portuguese, Grill
Isle of Thanet, United Kingdom
“I'm so disappointed”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Cam here with a group of fends, waitress/supervisor known as 'Shabz' I believe was SO rude. One meal didnt turn up for 30 minutes, (the rest did, just one didnt) and one person was in the toilet when the food (FINALLY) arrived so she took the meal away and it did not reappear until we demanded it.. She returned it and slammed it on the table with a 'hmph!!' By which time everyone had finished eating.

Table we sat on was disgusting, food and used serviettes underneath. Chips were cold. But by this point I was so hungry I would have eaten the food around my feet so just dealt with it. Considering the prices are now on par with other restaurants in the same vicinity (frankie and bennys 1/2 chicken and chips only 50p more expensive and the portion sizes and service ten times better) and ask if you have vouchers) and based on previous experiences there which have been great I'm sorely disappointed.

Considering there's peri peri sauce for sale at tesco I'll make my own!!
Ps caught a glimpse of the kitchen on my way out.. GRIM

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jess c

Kent
“Efficient team”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Come here quite a lot,even when busy they try to get you seated as quickly as possible.Staff are polite and you never have to wait long for food.The food is always consistent quality.

• Visited February 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Nandos - I shouldnt have liked but it crikey I did!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

So one of the kids partners has won us a free meal at a place called Nandos (see I'm hating it already..) which is one of these new fangled eating place at Westwood Cross (a nightmare all of its own - ask any bloke who has to go there..).
Its basically spicy chicken variations in a sort of Brazilian setting (yep still hating the idea of it). I go determined to be a grumpy old man about it all. Why cant we just stay in and have Sunday roast like normal people?
So we arrive, a very cheery young man guides us to a rather pleasant seating arrangement - there lots of large plants in large pots and watery sort of feng shui arrangements. There's lots of young people around quite clearly enjoying themselves and the background music isnt very loud. All the young folk look tanned and healthy. The waiter brings me a very cold Brazilian type beer (at least thats what the label says) and all of a sudden Im being won over by this stuff.
Very soon some spicy chicken, with side dishes is plonked in front of me by a waitress with a winning smile. I try the spicy chicken. Its fantastic. Im starting to hate myself. All the young folk are enjoying themselves even more, the beer is replaced, my wife smiles at me (the first time in days). Gosh - I like it here. Yep, Im coming back. Good grief!

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Always Good”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Can't beat Nando's for chicken ... Fact, well apart from in the Algarve that is and to be honest its cheaper to go to Westwood Cross than it is Faro. Good service, sometimes a touch slow, always great tasting and always great value.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Markdubya
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Queuing for 40 minutes!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

What a nightmare place at weekends ! We queued for 40 minutes to order and only two people on the floor serving. Wo t go again unless it is quiet in the week.

Visited November 2012