“Good pint of Tetleys and great value food”
Review of The Marine Hotel

The Marine Hotel
Ranked #38 of 57 Restaurants in Hornsea
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family has for many years taken a break on the east coast and eaten at the Marine. It really is good value for money and I have never had a bad meal. The wait time at the bar today was excessive otherwise I would have awarded a 5 star rating. The view is impressive, nice to look at the adjacent waves when supping a good pint of "Smooth". I recommend this eatery.

2  Thank Chris T

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Just never enough staff on. Ridiculous waiting time at the bar. Food very average. Take the pressure off the barstaff and put enough on! This is an observation from a number of visits. Staff have to flit between two bars and if one takes a food order the other can't cope with all the others wAiting. This could be such a good pub but just seems to settle for being very average. Poor decor despite refurbishment, always feels a bit dirty and tired. Hornsea is crying out for a pub that does decent food. The Marine just settles for typical pub fodder. Steak cooked medium well or well done only for example, no other choice just like it or lump it. Barrass could have a gem here but cause its full of tourists they don't need to make the effort. A real shame

1  Thank gdtt2007
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We come here quite a lot in the summer months and really like to sit outside. The beach is just over the otherside of the wall next to the promenade. Its a good place for watching the people parading up and down the prom or watching the sea roll in and out.
The pub is quite modern inside with a large telly on the wall, and it gets all kinds of people passing through, maybe for a meal or to meet friends and family.
There's a children's play area with slides and climbing apparatus at the back in a gated area at the side of a large car park.
We normally call here with the dog as it's a good stop off for a drink!
Very nice clean place but we feel that the drinks are a little dear.

3  Thank Sue t
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear susan t, thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and the team made you feel well looked after. Your comments have been duly noted and will be passed to the Management Team. Many Thanks, John Barras.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We visited the Marine on Thursday 4th October 2012, On entering we found nothing but friendly and professional staff, making sure our visit was a pleasure, The only fault I could find was the calsberg extra cold larger was a bit flat. We ordered our food and took a seat, the seating is in somewhat of a bit of TLC, but the food was fantastic and served within a timely manner, I need feel sorry for the waitress as she was only one serving on and the restaurant was quiet busy

2  Thank Chris D
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Chris D

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor. Your feedback was pleasing to hear and I am glad that you enjoyed your recent visit. I have also passed your comments onto the management team for further review.

Many Thanks

John Barras

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My partner & I stayed at the Marina on the 1 Sept 12, as we were visiting a friend who lives in Hornsea. On arrival we received a warm welcome, and were shown to our room. The room had a sea view (I believe all the rooms have this), was spacious,and clean & tidy. We met our friend later that evening and enjoyed a good,very reasonably price meal in the bar. The following morning breakfast was served on the table facing the floral hall, good breakfast & fabulous view.
The Marina is a great palce to stay, we will be re-booking when we are next in Hornsea.
I was surprised to read some of the negative comments, but having read between the lines, I suspect the author(s) may have frequented The Marina before the much needed makeover and are just not accustomed to the niceties in life!

3  Thank JCQIM