“Fantastic quirky pub”

Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Crediton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner had our evening meal for New years eve and thoroughly enjoyed it. This is our first visit of many to come.
Food was excellent in everyway and the staff are helpful and attentive.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Staying in the area with my son and Grand kids and needed a few hours on my own to chill a bit. Walked in to this place just for a quick pint, all i can say is WOW the staff inside are exceptional everyone of them had time to make me welcome whilst i was there and it did not matter that they were busy at all they went the extra mile with every customer no matter what the request was. The food was well above average I had Ham egg and chips a simple dish but tasted out of this world, Drink, Devon mist a local cider on tap and not the fizzy cider that most enjoy but a pleasant cloudy cider. Also went back the following day and was surprisingly treated like a regular with Morris the owner i assume even remembering my name from the previous day. i cannot recommend this pub/restaurant any higher otherwise i would.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is a real pub! The pub is jam packed with memorabilia a lot of it is sporty in nature but spend some time looking around there are some real gems to be seen. Its a very friendly place with good service and a wide range of drinks, a great log fire and three primary ground floor rooms, one of which is more restaurant. The menu is good, pretty simple wholesome food all well cooked and well presented. A place not to be missed if you happen to be in or near Crediton.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have eaten here before and decided to bring my Lady Friend in for a Weekday Pizza
They do great Pizza's here and we were both impressed.

Also great Local Cider

Quick Service and Friendly Staff

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were directed to this pub on the Crediton Market Square by its review in T.A. and we weren't disappointed! The main thing that strikes you as you walk in,or even outside the door is it seems to have a collection of everything;not just the usual tankards and horse brasses but daft things like blowlamps, animal heads and Lord knows what else-a fellow visitor at our guest house also went and said she was reminded of "Where's Wally" and I know exactly what she means!
Oh yes, the food! That's good too, a very flavoursome pizza for me , braised beef for madame and duck with cherries for our friends all went down well. However the major thing is the atmosphere and surroundings,and those are great fun, The place is clean,by the way so someone works very hard. Give it a try-you'll like it!