“Best scrambled egg!”

The Cheese Cafe @ Penny's Pantry
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: 01363 772 377
Crediton, England, United Kingdom
“Best scrambled egg!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very kind people working in there. Even if you don't like cheese there is lodes of different meals you can have !!!

Visited February 2013

“Every town should have a Cheese Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Having moved to Crediton I was amazed to see a specialist cheese shop in my town, I have bought cheese on many occassions from the cheese counter and each time have been left stunned by the level of knowledge and edvice on tap from the staff!!

There is also an on site cafe serving locally sourced food which is in itself a delight. I ordered a simple Bacon Sandwich, the staff member asked me whether I wanted brown, white or granary bread? did I want Local butter or spread? How did I like my bacon cooked? what sauces would I like? Such attention to detail for a simple bacon sandwich says everything about the Cheese Cafe and Penny's Pantry. Needless to say, my posh bacon sandwich was one of the best ive ever had. My other half ordered a breakfast of some description and they were more than happy to accommodate all the changes she made to her dish. Five star service!!

• Visited January 2013
Wiltshire
“painfully slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I popped in for a morning drink on Christmas Eve, only because no other coffee house in Crediton was open at the time. We ordered a tea, a coffee, and two toasted teacakes. We were brought the drinks quite promptly, but had to wait nearly 20 minutes for the teacakes, by which time, we had almost drunk our tea and coffee. Just how long does it take to toast a couple of teacakes! We thought the prices rather extortionate too, never again, give me Wedges in the High Street, every time!

• Visited December 2012
Bucks
“Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Had lunch at the Cheese Cafe in Crediton whilst on holiday with my family. My wife and I plus our 3 kids aged 9, 6 and 4.The cafe itself was very well set out . A lovely menu based mainly around different cheeses, plenty of choices for the kids too. Lovely breads and delightful cheeses. Some nice deserts as well. Great portions and the most friendly and helpful staff.You can also buy the many cheeses, breads and various other delicious goods to take home. Some may think it a tad expensive but it's well worth it for the quality of food. A definite must for the cheese lover.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank ZincAlloy
Devon
“Top Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Drop in for coffee, cheeses and occasional breakfast. Excellent service, enthusiastic staff, top quality of food and drinks. Have a bacon sandwich and tell me its not best you have ever had.

• Visited July 2012