“Worst meal ever.”

Description: Telephone: 01363 774248
Great Torrington, United Kingdom
“Worst meal ever.”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Thought the staff were very nice, but when meal came I was so shocked. We ordered BBQ stripped pork. I wouldn't have fed it to my dog. It was soggy mush in a dry bread bun. The staff did happily exchange it, but didn't think much of that either. I normally don't like to complain. This is the first time I've actually ever sent a meal back or complain. But it really was awful.

• Visited October 2013

Exeter, United Kingdom
“The Red Dear is the worst place to take your family”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Teenage waiter took ten mins to realise we were there. Ordered BBQ chicken. Dry tasteless plain chicken breast with a squirt of bland BBQ sauce on it. The smallest piece of sweetcorn I have ever seen and a few oven chips. Utter crap. The menu is very limited and there was a lack of seasonal or local dishes. Anyone who rates this place highly clearly has very low standards.

Drive past.

• Visited September 2013
“Rude, incompetent staff and bland microwave!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Today I visited the red deer with my partner and mum. The only thing I really enjoyed was the drinks! The food was bland, lukewarm and obviously nuked in a microwave at the speed it came out! We had a very rude waiter who seemed peeved that he had to give us a few more minutes to decide what we wanted, on his return he said, in a very rude tone, 'have you made your mind up yet?' I had the pulled pork enchiladas and failed to find any sort of pork in there! Just sauce and far too many peppers! when the same rude waiter came to collect our plates he wondered off without any offer of dessert or more drinks and carried on being overly attentive to his group of friends that were sat near us to whom he had been talking to most of the time!
The only nice thing about this place is the building and the drinks!

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Reasonable Value for Money”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

A nice clean pub with lots of room and nice staff. I often use this pub for lunch (two for one) and always have a good meal. Great selection of meals and drinks.

Visited September 2013
“Surprisingly aweful”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I use to visit this place regularly until i moved a year ago, the food and value for money was excellent. . .What a difference a year makes !
So being in the area i met a family member here along with my partner.
We arrived a 4.30pm so it wasn't to busy for an early evening meal, so far so good.
We ordered Liver & Bacon, Chicken enchiladas, a burger & the Lamb shoulder.
The food came after 15 mins,Chicken enchiladas no problems, as was the burger, the liver & bacon was lukewarm, and as for the "shoulder of Lamb", a big knuckle of a bone, at least 3 inches of fat around it and a mouthful (if that) of lamb, which was also lukewarm.
I took the meal to the barman and explained my dis-satisfaction, he was very polite and offered to change the meal which he did promptly, if my eyes didn't deceive me i would have sworn it was the same meal, totally put me off eating, took it yet again back to the bar where the barman offered another lamb meal or a different meal altogether.
I refused as totally turned off by the gross food.
This meal was suppose to be nearly £15. . you would expect better.
When the barman presented the bill he said for the inconvenience he would take 20% off for good will.
We asked to speak to the manager as wasn't happy about this. . We were told there was no manager and he would have to make a phone call !
We were then told that they would take the lamb meal off but would still be charged for the other "free" meal. . We refused to pay it. . Totally disgusted. . The barman made another phone call and the meal was taken off the bill.
Of course,I don't blame the barman or the chef, I'm well aware that these meals are a boil-in-the-bag, but whoever sources the meat, really need to see what your dishing out to the general public who are paying good money.
Dont waste your money folks. . Go somewhere else.