“Fantastic”
Review of Il Casita - CLOSED

Il Casita
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Il Casita opened in June 2013 located just outside of Exeter in Crediton. Nick and Tina have used their knowledge of the local surrounding areas combined with their love for travelling as chefs to produce good seasonal Mediterranean cuisine. Using the best seasonal ingredients along with classic ingredients from the Mediterranean.
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

What a find I've been meaning to try out Il Casita for a long time and my daughters 18th birthday seemed like the perfect opportunity. We requested a Sunday evening a night Il Casita is normally closed but they very kindly opened for us and thank goodness they did. We had 14 in our party ranging from pensioners to youngsters and to a man everyone loved the food and I have to say it was top notch thank you thank you thank you Il Casita for a brilliant evening. Will I go again? absolutely without a doubt I will and I suggest everyone should give it a try.

NEH1, Owner at Il Casita, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

We are so glad you all enjoyed you daughter's birthday meal on Sunday. It was so nice to see everybody enjoying themselves.

Happy New Year and we really hope to see you in 2014.

Kindest regards

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have been twice now, once for lunch with a friend, which was a brilliant pick me up. Nick was warm, and enthusiastic about his new venture and the food beautifully presented and delicious.

I liked it so much that I took my husband as a treat after being in hospital. He is a fierce critic as is a good cook himself and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Met Tina too, this couple deserve to be very successful, they certainly give it their all! We were moved to ask them to judge an Apple Day culinary competition at our Village, which they did, again with enthisiasm. The Lamb was beautiful and the chocolate pudding divine by the way!

NEH1, Owner at Il Casita, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Thank you Holly for your kind words! An absolute pleasure to meet hubby and we really enjoyed the day out judging your village's apple pie and chutney day. As you know we even left with a good recipe for cucumber and apple chutney! Hope to see you before the Christmas madness.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We visited this lovely little restaurant as a party of four on a Friday night. The staff were very friendly and efficient any the food (and wine) were very good ! I'd highly recommend the scallops and the Pork belly which were fantastic ! One word of advice......bring your appetite if you order the carbonara as it was huge !! Great experience and not overpriced, we'll definitely visit again when we're in the area !

NEH1, Owner at Il Casita, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your evening here with us at Il Casita. Don't forget to keep your eye on our website for up and coming seasonal specials.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I ate at Il Casita with his family for my mother-in-law's birthday celebration and were really impressed with the food. The menu was very enticing and after a difficult choice I had lamb and my husband had wild salmon. Both meals were fantastic, his being the best salmon he had ever had.
Desserts were equally impressive, we had the hot chocolate pudding and panna cotte, both of which we would have again.
The portion sizes were perfect for us both, we hate leaving waste but also don't want to be uncomfortably full. These were spot on!
The staff that served us were really helpful and friendly, a real credit to the restaurant.
We will definitely be going back.

NEH1, Owner at Il Casita, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and compliments. We are so happy the celebrations went well for you all! We will hopefully see you soon in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Not as much of an Italian restaurant as expected but really happy with the food. Fillet steak was cooked perfectly. Friendly staff gave a good service. Not the cheapest meal but good size portions and certainly not overpriced. Well worth a visit.

NEH1, Owner at Il Casita, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for you kind words on this site. We are glad you enjoyed the experience. As we do say on our website we are Mediterranean cuisine not an Italian as it was for the previous 5 years. This allows for a little more scope on the menu which we do change seasonally and as promised we source the vast majority of the menu from the south west apart from specialist cured meats.
We look forward to another visit from you in the future.