“A real find”

Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Matlock Bath
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 29, 2014

This little tea shop is excellent. We arrived late afternoon and ordered the Derbyshire Rarebit and a Cream Tea to share, now you may think £6.50 for posh cheese on toast is a lot, but trust me it was worth every penny, the bread was delicious and the cheese topping full of flavour, the scones too were fabulous. Look forward to visiting again when we're next in the area.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband, little one and I dropped in here with friends, while visiting Matlock Bath on a rain day over bank holiday weekend. I really liked the decor and the cute vintage tea cups and sauces. It was all very elegant, and the service was great. Although, the bread on my sandwich was a little dry so I have marked it down one for that. The scone and cake were excellent though.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

If you like food that actually tastes good then visit here, the food is spot on, service was excellent and nothing was too much trouble :)

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Took my mum and mum in law out for afternoon tea to celebrate their birthdays, ( one 82 and other 91). The cafe had a lovely vintage feel to it with old fashioned china cups and saucers which had them both reminiscing. The scones were warm and home baked ( some of the nicest we have had and trust me we've tried a few), very generous with jam and cream . My daughter had cheese toastie and that was good and plenty of it, she was disappointed that she was too full to try a cake. Staff very friendly and obliging, would certainly visit again.

1  Thank JanetB132013
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stopped for lunch here before going on the canel car. The place has a relaxed atmosphere and is very clean. The lunches we had were very nice and value for money. Would recommend and revisit. Very nice to see tea cups and saucers not mugs!