“Good Pub!”

The Fishpond Freehouse
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Matlock Bath
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Fishpond Matlock Bath represents the ultimate free house experience for the people and visitors of Matlock Bath. Offering an unsurpassed range of traditional beers, continental lagers, fine wines, spirits and soft drinks, the bar is a great place to meet with friends or family. By working with our local breweries we hope to provide our customers with a more sophisticated selection at the bar. Guests of our establishment are not only offered a dynamic place to gather and mingle, but also a place to participate in the entertainment through interactive events, celebrations, and live music. Our Artisan bakery provides our menus with the finest breads, pastries and pizza - all served in our casual dining ambiance. The philosophy of food at the fishpond is to ethically source seasonal fresh produce and to deliver an unrivalled taste experience. Our Espresso coffee and Teas selection is available throughout service along with menus that reflect the time of day. For those wanting a spot of live music Over the years The Fishpond name has become synonymous with Live Music, our 200 capacity Ballroom regularly hosts live bands and entertainment. To see our full event listing please check our gig guides. And we are also proud of our somewhat undiscovered Raft Restaurant... The Raft restaurant floats neatly on The Fishpond at Matlock Bath and retains many of the historic buildings original features. This restaurant is currently only available for private hire, with bespoke menus and various options. Dont be put off by this, our restaurant is usually free to hire if you're having a meal. We also host special events and themed evenings here, so watch this space. We take pride in the reputation we have as a friendly, welcoming and professional venue, and hope to see you soon at The Fishpond!
Sutton in Ashfield, England, United Kingdom
“Good Pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Good food and drink but the best attraction is the live bands up above! We saw BB Blackdog. What a great band, and they play there regularly, as they are local.

Shefford, United Kingdom
“Noisy but good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Lovely food but huge portions, so was beaten by the size. If you like live music definitely the place to go.

Darlington, United Kingdom
“Beer festival!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was the first beer festival to be held at this pub which seems to have its own brewery and a fantastic bakery too! We were made to feel very welcome and all of the young staff were vibrant and fun. The band which played The Jar family were absolutely fantastic - I would pay good money to see them again! A great festival - I hpe it goes from strength to strength!

1 Thank Gail W
england
“Good venue, less beer on due to festival next day.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice venue in a great location. The one thing that let it down was the fact they only had one ale on as it was the festival the next day. Surely they could have put some beers on a day early if they had run out? Didn't eat there but food looked good. Live music was good too.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Bad coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I wrote a review on my iphone and uploaded it whilst there today - but it is not showing. Maybe mobile reviews are not compatible with tripadvisor.

Anyway... ordered a coffee - stood and waited for it as I was not sure if they would bring it to me and he did not offer until I asked if he would. Coffee was nasty - I had 2 sips but could not take any more. Took it back later on, still a full cup - and told the chap it was possibly the worst I had tasted in a long time. He said sorry about that.
I was not offered my money back nor if I wanted him to try to make me another one. I was, during this whole time, the only customer in the bar both inside and out.
Nice enough chap that served me but he could have made the above suggestions.
If you want nicer coffee try 'Flavours'

• Visited August 2013