“Fantastic experience!”

Tucker Fish & Chips
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Matlock Bath
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Coalville, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hot fish and chips. Clean establishment, polite staff what else could you ask for. The trip advisor decal clinched the visit and we weren't disappointed. We will be back! Thank you. X

• Visited December 2013

Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent little chip shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Found this by chance and the food matches the trip advisor ratings. All cooked to order which took a few minutes and all in all pretty sound fish and chips for a shop a long way from the sea. Prices very reasonable and service efficient. Recommended.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Good chip shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I called here on recommendation of the owner of the fabulous chocolate shop just up the road from Tuckers. I called into the shop just to try the chips, its the first time I'd tried them. price was satisfactory, and there was no waiting. I very much enjoyed them, even though they could have been a bit hotter. The quality was very good, and they were nice and tasty. Had they been a little bit hotter they would be very worthy of 5 stars. I will definitely call again.

Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Well, we made our annual trip to the illuminations on a Saturday 'fireworks' night. Part of the night out is a Fish and Chip supper. We went to Tuckers last year, but I was a little unsure after reading some of the recent reviews.
I shouldn't have worried!
When we got there, the queue went out of the door - a promising sign. We managed to secure a table outside - it was a pleasant evening. We were served courteously and efficiently by the young staff, I even made things awkward by forgetting to order drinks until after I'd paid for our meals.
We had to wait a few minutes as the fish was freshly fried, no problem.
The food was absolutely delicious, fish, chips and mushy peas were all perfect, and everyone in our party (4 adults and 3 kids) agreed, if Heineken made Fish and Chips, this is how they'd do it!

• Visited October 2013
“Nice but had better if truth be told”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Hi I came here with my family & my sisters family Saturday 5th which so happens to have been matlock illuminations. We came here as my sister had been the week b4 so we just followed.
I must admit the food isn't that bad but I do think it was quite expensive but I suppose you pay extra when you visit a tourist area. We ordered large fish & chips, 2 coke, fish bites with chips, curry & mushy peas, a drink my little boy & a sausage. It came to just short of ��20. My partner wasn't impressed with his fish, he said it seemed over cooked & my curry sauce was a bit watery. It's nice you got to sit indoors & eat the food. Overall it was nice, we got served quite promptly & food was hot.