“Great Place for Kids”
Review of Gulliver's Kingdom

Gulliver's Kingdom
More attraction details
Owner description: We have a wide range of rides and attractions from the Western World and Pirates Play area to the log flume and Drop Tower. Don't Forget our popular indoor attractions Spy and NERF Zone, they are open all year long. Set on a stunning hillside there's extra adventure, added adrenaline and fabulous views! We are dedicated to providing families with real value and have over 35 years of experience in creating the perfect day out.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I went with my daughter and two young granddaughters to Gulliver's during the Easter holidays. As it had been snowing and the Park had been closed the day before, it was not exceptionally busy which was really great as we were able to go on many of the rides without too much time spent in a queue. There is a really good selection of rides and amusements for the children and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. It was extremely hilly but the view from the top of the Park was stunning. The chair lift is very necessary, as are the handrails placed at the sides of the sloping walkways. However, unless you have difficulty walking, it isn't a huge problem.
All in all it was a fabulous way to spend the day entertaining the children.

There are newer reviews for Gulliver's Kingdom

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Myself and my husband came here with our 7 year old son in the Easter holidays on our way back up from Legoland Windsor to our home in Barnsley.
We booked and paid online before hand and each paid £19.95 which was overpriced for how the placed looked.It definatly needs updating all the rides are very old and the buildings are very tired and in need of renervating. The place is on a massive hill so you are very tired walking up and down the place and I am so glad my son is too old for a pushchair as I would hate to have a push one around there ! The price we all paid (yes same price for kids as adults) included an all you can eat pizza/pasta buffet with unlimited drinks in the restaurant you eat in and then a free ice treat. Unfortunatly the picture of the icecream is not actually what you get ( a small scoop of cheap stuff not the mr whippy looking stuff).
The restaurant had scary puppet things that sing while you are eating and the food was rubbish there was a choice of meatball or vegetable pasta and some scabby garlic bread and cheap pizza which at 1pm was nearly all gone so we felt ripped off !
The shop sells all kinds of cheap tat ( it was cheap I will give them that) and I cant see what the point was of a plastic Marilyn Monroe and Elvis statue on the way up to the rides was I'm sure most kids wouldnt even know who they were !
All in all very disapointing and I think a upgrade of the whole site is needed.From the looks of the brochure we should have picked to go to the other 2 as this was was awful !

1  Thank clairef215
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Very expensive and in need of a facelift! Went with kids age 7 10 11 and 14 and they were too old for most of the rides really!

1  Thank Duranann
Reviewed April 12, 2012

we attended gullivers in the school holidays and was expecting big ques but was pleasently suprised. The most we waited was 10-15 mins but this was due to the number of carriages and amount of time it goes round.

Good rides for little ones but very high on hills and steep - would be very hard with a pram or w.chair . Didnt like the fact that there was no map of the park given and was on approx 5 differnt levels upwards so you couldnt see it all on display like in other theme parks.

Myself and friend attend theme parks with our 3 year old sons approx once a month and I would not return to this one by choice. It was more expensive and not as much to do as 'sundown adventureland' and 'Twinlakes'.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Great day out for kids lots of fun to be had, visited matlock aswell had a lovely day